All reviews longhorn steakhouse marriott property an early morning flight hotel shuttle morning staff the rooms were nice walking distance lobby area front desk staff nice area nice place to stay beale street convenient location downtown memphis excellent staff excellent stay restaurants and shopping
Reviewed 1 November 2018

A very clean and comfortable room was nice. Hotel is in convenient location which is close to restaurants, shopping and interstate. The desk and room service was exception. The bar/grill is open in evening time.

Date of stay: May 2018
JamesP6458, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I have shared you feedback with the team and the management team,thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very pristine! The staff was very pleasant and made it really easy to feel more at home, while away from home. My only issue is this hotel is located in an area where there are a lot of restaurants and shopping center and a majority of them are with in walking distance but during my stay there were not any sidewalks or crosswalks. The hotel does have a shuttle that will drive you to these locations.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
James P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Our stay was brief (one night), but it was definitely one of my better hotel experiences. Check in was fast using the Marriott app, and the staff was very friendly. I’ve read some of the other reviews about the choice of rooms and the airport noise. All I can say is that while the air traffic did start early, with the A/C running in the room the plane noise didn’t really bother us. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a south-facing room. We slept better than usual for a hotel, especially for the first night. And the pillows were MUCH better than typical hotel pillows. The beds were comfortable, and the room was super clean. I would recommend this hotel based on our experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
James P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Southaven. It was
truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service
to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Memphis Southaven and we hope you choose to create more memories with
us whenever your travels bring you back to Southaven.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were a flight crew (in uniform) checking in late in the evening after a long work day.
The front desk lady didn’t acknowledge us.
She was helping 2 male customers. The men were asking questions about the prices and rooms and they didn’t seem to know what they wanted. They were both hanging against the counter. Showing no hurry nor class. The lady kept talking to them in a slow manner, no energy, had no intention to acknowledge us nor help us.
After about a 20 minute wait, there were 2 more customers in line behind us.
None of them got an acknowledgement from her.
I managed to speak up to her with the question if there is anyone else to check us in. She said: Nope. It’s just me tonight.
She said it with a very unhappy and annoyed face.

After another 15 minutes or so, the men walked away and she was FINALLY able to check us in.

She never welcomed us.
My coworker is a Marriott Lifetime Platinum Member, he told her that she should’ve told the men to Think about the prices while she would check us in. She didn’t acknowledge ANYTHING. When he walked towards the shop, she ROLLED her eyes and made a big sigh right in front of me!!!
THAT was on top of everything else UNACCEPTABLE!!

I told her that he was right.
She checked me in with a long face and no words.

She is the face of her department.
She is the face of Marriott.
All FAILED big time!

She failed. Therefore her manager failed, therefore her department failed, therefore Marriott failed.

The other customers behind us were clearly very annoyed by her behavior also.

Management needs to know about this and fix it.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
JamesP6458, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Guest did not stay here at this property

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I've stayed in this area before but this was my first visit to this hotel. Dee and the rest of the front desk staff were absolutely amazing. My room choice of being on a high floor and away from the elevators and vending was perfect for keeping the noise at a minimum. The hotel area is a short and easy trip to/from the airport or into Memphis. I will definitely return when I'm visiting the area again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
James P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank You for staying with us.