All reviews longhorn steakhouse marriott property an early morning flight hotel shuttle morning staff the rooms were nice walking distance lobby area front desk staff nice area nice place to stay beale street convenient location downtown memphis excellent staff excellent stay restaurants and shopping
Reviewed 24 May 2018

This is my starting point to many great trips. From check-in, a great room(clean and the one I request), the great service at the Bistro, I am never disappointed. I usually drive in and spend the night before a trip. I usually have an early morning flight, and the Shuttle Service is waiting at the appointed time. Great way to begin a trip.

Stayed: January 2018
James P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Southaven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Southaven. It was
truly a pleasure to serve you.
We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service
to guests like you.
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Memphis Southaven and we hope you choose to create more memories with

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, I usually bring my pills with me but this particular time I left it at home and to my surprise it was all I needed. This was a wonderful sleep, Thanks so much. I will be back soon to visit my son, I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Once again, I had a great stay. James at the desk was just awesome and helped to make it a good stay. I wish I could remember the guys name who drives the shuttle but he is very nice and I would hate to see him leave there. The room was comfortable and I slept well, although I was sick. The first room I checked into smelled like smoke and they immediately moved me into another room. People, this hotel is a smoke free facility so please go outside if you must smoke! Looking forward to staying there again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I still wish they would get gluten free food there!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I started staying at the Marriott CY Southaven several years ago for the convenience to my business activities and for the rates. I decided to do this review to contrast the customer service received at the Elizabeth CY in NJ and bring well deserved attention to the excellent staff and customer service at the Marriott CY Southaven.

At the top of my list is Debra !!! I don’t know what she’s paid, but she definitely deserves more. Her primary duties are the morning shift at the Bistro. She always has a smile, a kind word, and a sense of humor; even if the customers are exhibiting behavior associated with caffeine or calorie withdrawal. Her ability to remember people is amazing. It had been almost a year since I was here last, she remembered. The same thing with another customer this morning who had last stayed “2-3 years ago.” Wow! She may also be your shuttle driver during the day or at night if she is covering another employee’s shift.

I’ll agree with some of the other reviews about the decor being dated, but I believe they are limited by Marriott ,as well as, money on some of it. So the decor is all Marriott CY.

I would suggest hiring a part-time employee to help Debra and the cook during the morning rush. That’d go a long way achieving an even higher customer satisfaction level.

The location is very convenient to I-55 and I-22. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping right out the door. Also, a couple of times when I needed a room unexpectedly and the CY was full, the front desk clerks help find a room at another Marriott property nearby. Also be aware that the this hotel and those nearby can be maxed out during the spring/summer because of events at Southaven’s sporting complex.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I stayed here on January 6, 2018. The Desk Clerks were great and Jennifer in the Bistro was awesome and very caring when helping to figure out something to eat, being that I have celiac disease! The room was very nice, however, the mattress seemed dated and the pillows could have been softer! Otherwise, everything else was good! I will be staying there again this year! It was quiet and peaceful. There are plenty of restaurants and places to shop nearby! If you need a hospital, it is right next door!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo