“Put Shady Acres On Your Travel Itinerary”

Shady Acres Village
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Seminary
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Description: Our restaurant has a very casual feel with delicious southern cooking. We offer a wonderful plate lunch as well as old fashioned burgers, sandwiches and salads. Our desserts are made fresh right here in our own bakery. We also have an old timely General Store with fresh produce and lots of homemade jams and jellies, hand-dipped ice cream, a large assortment of t-shirts, cute apparel and some unique gift ideas.
Reviewed 7 November 2014

I have been stopping at Shady Acres for about 14 years. There was a fire that totally gutted it a couple years ago, but it was rebuilt bigger and better, with the same country feel, good food, clean facilities and wonderful customer service that typifies living in the South. When I got out of my car, I smelled the wonderful aroma of the on site barbecue. That did it, I got the barbecued ribs with 2 sides, drink, and the cost was cheap - under $10. There is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. THEN, there are the baked items! I cannot resist buying the cakes, fudge, pecan brittle...yum! There were coconut, Italian Cream, Buttermilk, and Chocolate Cakes. These are not store bought, they are what I call home made, and are big and oh so delicious! The Keebler Elves have nothing on these baked goods! I love the General Store where I always stock up on Fig Preserves and any jams and jellies I will need until my next tip. I love the pepper jelly, chowchow, pickles, well, there are so many wonderful things from which to select. I bought local, freshly dug sweet potatoes and cabbage. The gift shop is filled with candles, soaps, and has a good variety of items.
Work your way through each area and just enjoy your stop!

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Shady Acres has so much to offer! You can get fresh fruits and veggies, jams and jellies, and plates lunches, just to name a few. But the best to me is their hand made burger! If you enjoy a fresh burger, then this is a must-have! If you're in a hurry, you can call in ahead and they will have it ready and waiting when you arrive.

They have several places to sit including inside at a high-top bar or booth and also two outside seating areas. One on the front porch that also has over-sized picnic tables and then a screened-in porch, as well.

Super clean restrooms is another plus for this somewhat hidden gem on Hwy. 49 in Seminary, MS. It's just a few miles north of Hattiesburg and is absolutely worth the stop!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

In one stop, you can gather homemade baked goods, homemade jams and preserves, fresh veggies and fruit, and awesome vittles. And for those looking for what nots, there's plenty of them too. The ribs are fantastic and well priced. What a great place to stop at and find so many things that make Mississippi:)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were traveling from Florida to Oklahoma and found a true gem of a bar-b-que restaurant. As we drove by on HWY 49 we noticed a bunch of cars and the wonderful smell of meat on a smoker. After traveling about a mile to find a u-turn we pulled in. Very large facility with lots of indoor and outdoor seating on the porch. My wife had the chicken, greens and green beans and I enjoyed the ribs, cole slaw and baked beans. The dinner plate is also serve a cornbeard muffin (with or without jalapones). With drinks the total for both of us was under $22.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Shady acres has really great plate lunches- but I always opt for a burger. They are fantastic. Good fries and even better sweet potato fries served with a sugar frosting dipping sauce. You can eat them for dessert!