“Best food in the area”

Seafood R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafood R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 157 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2017

This was not my first time at Seafood Revolution. The first time was a couple of years ago, and I loved it. Tonight was my birthday, and there were five of us. The food was absolute perfection. The service was adequate, but the lack of training and experience was obvious. Our table had Oysters Rockefeller, charbroiled oysters and seafood gumbo. It was all top notch. My entrée was so outrageous, I didn't even venture to taste anyone else's, which is rare. I had scallops with pork cheeks. The scallops were HUGE, sweet, and tender. The pork cheeks were almost confit. They were so moist and full of flavor. I've never had faro that was so interesting. For dessert we all had the crème brulee/bread pudding hybrid. It was good, but not the best thing I've eaten lately. To be fair, I have recently been to Charleston and New Orleans. Several people in our party ordered Irish coffee, which was on their dessert menu. We were a bit surprised that lukewarm coffee was served with a shot of Irish whiskey on the side. I have NEVER seen Irish coffee served this way. Irish coffee is served in a tall, slender mug, topped with whipped cream and often drizzled with crème de menthe. I don't know why we were served a "deconstructed" version of this classic. Anyway, all things considered, we had a great time, ate and drank too much, and my parents are already planning to go back next month after I'm gone.

1  Thank Paula E

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Service was excellent. The building is beautiful along with the design inside. It is very upscale. I like Ruth Chris food over theirs. The presentation did make up for that tho. Very pricy...I would 't go if I was paying myself ;). But I would recommend you visit at least once and see for yourself.

1  Thank Numeangeleyes
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Everything was cooked to perfection. The service was top notch! Seafood platter was wonderful. Our waiter as well as the other 5 people who constantly checked on us were very interested in making sure we had great experience.

1  Thank Justin C
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Very tasty meal. I tried the grouper and my wife the pecan crusted redfish. Of course we started with a couple of dozen oysters on the half shell which were delicious. The fish were both fantastic as were the sides we chose, broccolini and bibles and squeak. Be sure and save room for the White Chocolate Bread Pudding Creme Brûlée, or you might consider starting with it.
Prices are on the upper end but the quality of the food is worth it.
Our server for the evening (JC) was excellent and knowledgeable of the menu offerings and wine options.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Went here because of the proximity to our hotel and at the suggestion of the sales guy at Brooks Brothers that was close by. It did not disappoint! Shrimp and grits were excellent as was the red fish piccata!
Outstanding service.