“Enjoyed the food, the show - attention to restrooms needed”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kyoto Japanese Steak House
Ranked #32 of 153 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We were traveling and chose this place knowing nothing about it. When we arrived, it was impossible to find parking - we went around the parking lot 3 times waiting for someone to pull out. Figured we'd have a long wait, but it turned out the restaurant was almost empty. When we mentioned we were expecting to have to wait, the owner/manager started complaining about the restaurant next door, that their patrons were taking up all of the patrons, and that he'd complained to the city and to the landlord that it was hurting his business. I listened politely, thinking I'd be unhappy in the same situation.

Then I went to the restroom. The white-painted door looked as though it had never been cleaned. The black grime, I'm assuming from dirty hands on the door, was revolting, inside and out - and this was the ladies' room! Not the handiwork of construction workers coming straight off the job. 10 minutes and a squeeze bottle of cleaner would have taken care of it, though - and I was thinking what a better use of his time (in his empty restaurant because no one can park to come inside to eat!) a little bit of elbow grease would have been compared to fretting over the parking situation.

The food was good, the father and son at our table were obviously regulars and the chef and owner were great with them (and us too) and other than the bathroom, I didn't notice any other inattention to detail.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in my top 2 favorite Japanese Steak houses in this area. The people are very friendly and I have never had to wait. Come a little early at dinner and you'll be seated quickly. Great tasting food and decent pricing. They love to put on a show at their hibachi tables. Mixed drinks are available from their well stocked bar. You will enjoy this restaurant that is located in a small strip mall. You will definitely leave full.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I have visited Kyoto's Steak House on at least 6 occasions. Staff very friendly. Food is always excellent. Excellent service. One of my favorite places for dinner.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Super friendly staff! Great food. Great prices. My favorite lunch stop. If you visit more than once, they'll remember you and treat you like family.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My favorite place to stop for lunch. Super friendly people who serve up delicious food at a great price.