“Sunday Lunch”

Ding How Asian Bistro
Ranked #17 of 164 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Ding How is one of our favorite places for Sunday lunch. The chicken teriyaki is perfectly cooked with a light sauce and plenty of crisp veggies! We’ve never had a bad lunch. Service is friendly and excellent!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

My new favorite Asian restaurant in Jackson. The waitress was extremely happy and wonderful to be around. My fiancé ordered the egg drop soup, and the waitress gave me one too to “warm me up” on the chilly afternoon. The soup and the food were spectacular. I’ll definitely be going backs soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

First family visit and we were all very pleased. Ordered the “sampler” appetizer tray and it mysteriously disappeared - guess the kids were impressed. Asian salad and egg drop soup were good- on the house for some. We had cocktail including a flaming ding how tiki fruit medley. Enough for 2 or 1 thirst guest. Had 4 separate chicken dishes- all shared and yummy. Huge shrimp. We Will be back. Lots of takeout but relatively empty restaurant at prime time... somewhat concerning

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This restaurant is one of best places to eat Asian Food in metro Jackson, MS. The food is extremely good and tasty and the servant is very cordial. The interior is very lovely and suitable for family or individuals.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I came by here because the yelp reviews were good. But REALLY yelpers?! My goodness, this was one of the worst meals we've ever had in Mississippi. We asked the server what they're known for here, he pointed to all dishes that were $20+, sorry but that's pricey for Chinese food, unauthentic at that.

Salad came out, it was honey mustard dressing, asian places usually serves their salad with an Asian dressing like sesame ginger. Hot and sour soup wasn't good, flavor was off. We ordered the siu mai which was $6?! It taste and looked like they got it frozen from the supermarket and thawed. Stick to hong Kong tea house if you want dim sum and it's like $3.75 there for the same dish and handmade daily.

Next we ordered wonton noodle soup, the won ton itself was okay, soup and everything else in it was mediocre, but probably the best thing we ordered. We also ordered a beef dish the person recommended, it was so bland we had to ask for soy sauce. I specifically told the guy that we don't eat fried food or oily food, he said don't worry, this spicy dish is not oily. Well the $25 fish dish was full of oil! You can see from the picture, I took out almost a whole bowl of red oil! This guy must take me for an idiot because he was saying "Oh it's not oil, it's sauce." You're bs-ing with me right???? Don't ever play your customer as an idiot.

None of us touched that dish, it was made wrong anyway. The fish wasn't fresh, small pieces that fell apart and the "sauce" it was cooked in was like soup when it should've been a thick spicy sauce. Fortune makes this dish pretty well, go there for it and it won't be so overpriced either. Anyway, none of us touched it, when we complained they basically said "Sorry, next time less oil." Didn't ask if we'd like something else or if we'd like to return it. They made us pay $25 for something that we didn't eat, also everything that goes into that dish cost less than $5 to make. Instead of losing $5, they just lost a couple of customers.

Never again, spent $70 on some pretty bad dishes, what's worse was that those dishes were recommended by the restaurant.

Been to Ding How Asian Bistro? Share your experiences!