“Unique, Creative, and Tasty Meal!”

The Front Porch Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Loved a recent dinner here..... The menu is interesting and creative for a small town cafe, and the end results are delicious! The Crawfish Rolls appetizer was a perfect savory treat for a starter, as well as the handmade onion rings!

Shrimp and grits were perfect - Rich and creamy and generous serving. Also enjoyed the eggplant and crabmeat special, which was also served with shrimp over rice with a cream sauce. The duck breast entree was also spot on.

Everything was good - including the desert menu! The Cheesecake Beignets were perfect!

Nice spot, with the small town restaurant feel. A definite place to repeat visit!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I had the shrimp and grits with blackened redfish and fried green tomatoes. Also tried the fried mushrooms. Everything was great and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Quaint restaurant off the beaten path north of I-10 in Pass Christian.. Great food only open for dinner. My husband and I were both pleased with our meal. Served timely and hot.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Our second time here. Stopped for a late dinner after a charity event. Our server was great! I don't remember her name but our receipt said Server #1. I'll go along with that. She reminded me of my cousins in north Mississippi, happy to see us and waiting on us hand and foot. She recommended a special pink drink. Loved it. Our salads were very good. They put some thought and effort them, not the standard bowl of bitter white lettuce with a tomato wedge. Same with the potato salad. That stuff is killer! Not dry, loaded with chunks of red onion, celery, etc. You have to try the fried green tomatoes, cooked perfectly and covered with a cream sauce with shrimp. The steaks were perfect. I had one on our first visit and my wife was jealous. We both got a steak this time and they didn't disappoint. I will check out the seafood selections next time.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We have always heard of the Porch and never stopped. From the pleasant welcome we felt at home. Start with the crawfish egg roll it's a unique flavor. We had crabmeat stuffed redfish, pasta angell both full of the best tastes the Gulf Coast has to offer. Didn't have room for dessert...... I'm sure we missed out on something great. A must stop and we will return. Service with a smile and so polite your Granny would say "it's all in the fine upbringing".