“Overall great experience”

The Front Porch Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Our second time here. Stopped for a late dinner after a charity event. Our server was great! I don't remember her name but our receipt said Server #1. I'll go along with that. She reminded me of my cousins in north Mississippi, happy to see us and waiting on us hand and foot. She recommended a special pink drink. Loved it. Our salads were very good. They put some thought and effort them, not the standard bowl of bitter white lettuce with a tomato wedge. Same with the potato salad. That stuff is killer! Not dry, loaded with chunks of red onion, celery, etc. You have to try the fried green tomatoes, cooked perfectly and covered with a cream sauce with shrimp. The steaks were perfect. I had one on our first visit and my wife was jealous. We both got a steak this time and they didn't disappoint. I will check out the seafood selections next time.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We have always heard of the Porch and never stopped. From the pleasant welcome we felt at home. Start with the crawfish egg roll it's a unique flavor. We had crabmeat stuffed redfish, pasta angell both full of the best tastes the Gulf Coast has to offer. Didn't have room for dessert...... I'm sure we missed out on something great. A must stop and we will return. Service with a smile and so polite your Granny would say "it's all in the fine upbringing".

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

We heard about the place some time ago, then saw it one evening on a ride. Fried green tomatoes and seafood platter were great! Excellent sweet tea.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We've had the shrimp poboy and a hamburger poboy. Casual setting, and friendly staff. A nice variety of foods at a reasonable price. A must see and eat restaurant.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Casual comfortable restaurant in a country setting. Friendly and efficient service. All the dishes were excellent. The portions were ample enough to share.