“Great place if traveling with pets”

Hampton Inn New Albany
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Albany
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great place if traveling with pets”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We recently traveled to Ripley, MS to vist family and brought along our chocolate lab for the trip. I am always VERY skeptical of 'pet friendly' hotels - often they will stick you in a designated 'pet friendly' room (which is often not people friendly). However, our experience at Hamton Inn in New Albany, MS was wonderful! From the time I made the reservation and inquired about their pet policy, to our check-in, and check-out, the accommodations were great. There was no pet fee or deposit (which I find to be rare). The staff were very loving to our fur-child. The room smelled great and was very clean. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star review is because there isn't really a designated place for pets to run around and do their business (although I have to say, I didn't see one single poop anywhere on the grounds). Being close to major roads made me very nervous letting her run free to stretch her legs - she stayed on her leash. Also, for some reason, the doors slam REALLY loudly. I think we were on a busy floor with people coming and going from their rooms all day/night. Lastly, although I love most things about the Hampton Inn, I'm not crazy about their mattresses - a little too soft for my taste. However, I know MANY people who LOVE their mattresses...so take my opinion with a grain of salt. All in all, we plan to make this our hotel of choice for future visits to the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Great hotel especially for using Hilton Honors points. No movies to rent on the TV though. Beautiful decor and easy access to the highway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Springfield, MO
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Excellent hotel, great staff...wonderful place to stop on the way to the gulf coast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I was on a roadtrip trip heading home and was looking for a hotel to stop for the night.....I lucked out in my choice to stop in New Albany Mississippi at the Hampton Inn. ..from the young man at check in to my departure the next morning it was a great relaxing experience. The room was perfect, modern, up to date, very clean with an o so comfortable bed. Although I was just traveling through I will definitly return to this hotel in subsequent trips and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Missouri
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in. This will definitely be a repeat hotel for us. Very comfortable, quiet, and very well appointed. Tons of room and VERY clean.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
38.5 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tupelo North
38.6 km away
Candlewood Suites Tupelo North

Been to Hampton Inn New Albany? Share your experiences!