“It is what it is!”

Fusion Japanese and Thai Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 77 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

When we are in a rush on on this side of Madison this is the best sushi we have found. The kids like the large aquariums with fish swimming around. It is quickly served whether you are eating in or picking up to go. The food will arrive in "to go" foam plastic containers, which reminds me of college. Self serve-pick up your utensils (forks and chopsticks) and drink from an area in back of restaurant. There are cute little depictions of the various Asian ingredients posted around that make it kind of cute.
The Mississippi roll was very good and sweet but picking it up from the plate (the only real plate-melamine) was a work in physics. The thing fell apart 7/10's of the time before making it to my foam container. However, the kids thought it was the best tasting and there was a lot of it but I still thought it was a little pricey for a roll of sushi. I had the salmon lunch hibachi which came with a large piece of salmon in the corner, veggies in the other corner, and a mound of fried rice. It was all yummy, but I thought it would be salmon pieces mixed into rice! That was a completely wrong assumption! It just looked odd! However, they did bring a huge bottle of pink sauce for the table and that made my heart more than a little happy because I love that stuff.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We are new to the area and have been searching for our "Go To" sushi restaurant. We opted to try Fusion based on T.A. reviews and local recommendations.
Our server was alone on a Saturday afternoon. She was acting as hostess, server, bus person, and managing the phone/take-out. It wasn't busy when we were there, but, her demeanor wasn't overly friendly.

She was extremely helpful in assisting us with ordering. I am allergic to imitation crab and their sushi that cites "crab" in any description, based on her feedback, is imitation.
We ended up with four rolls and we appreciated the kitchen accommodating my allergies.

The presentation had oomph. The cooked rolls were warm. But, there was something lacking in flavor. The commingling of various ingredients just didn't have results.

There was nothing "wrong" per se, just not what we would categorize as 4-5 stars

Last comment, the dining space could use updating, it's worn....

Reviewed 18 January 2017

If you are looking for vegetables and lean meat, this is an inexpensive place with good food where you can feel good about what you've eaten.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I enjoy Thai food, especially Pad Thai. As a vegetarian, I ask for vegetarian Pad Thai with tofu and vegetables. Based on my experience, Fusion serves the best Pad Thai in the Jackson, Mississippi, area..

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We love Fusion! The Pad Thai is incredible, some of the absolute best in the Jackson area. The chicken with cashews is my husband's favorite. Service is good and the staff friendly. We highly recommend Fusion for Thai and Japanese food.