“Amazing and tasty”

Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Brought my 90 year old dad here to enjoy catfish. But he couldn’t eat everything because portions were so big! He absolutely LOVED the onion rings as did I.

1  Thank cathy k

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As one of Madison’s top contributors, I love to find smaller establishments with big taste! The flavors here were amazing. My wife had the shrimp and grits. They had a touch of sweetness. I had the étouffée. We also had a starter containing the peta bread with hummus. It was amazing! The soup of the day was a chicken vegetable soup. All of the food was amazing. I almost forgot, the biscuits are out of this world! I would like to see larger portions for the price. I will definitely add this place to my rotation. The service was pleasurable.

1  Thank Rodericklrichardson
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

So glad we found this little gem when our original destination was closed. We started with fried oysters which were perfectly battered and lightly fried. It comes with an excellent cocktail sauce but the remoulade sauce was the star! I also asked for some with my fried green tomato blt. There are daily specials that come with tea, a nice list of sides with entrees and sandwiches and daily soups. The salads also looked good. Some great music was playing in the background and there were interesting photos on the walls. Really enjoyed our lunch. Carmen, our server, was a jewel. We’ll be back!

1  Thank HebbieDacker
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Usually great food and service. Service was top flight as always. Uality of food was off a little bit. Shrimp overcooked, another dish was not up to expectations. Unusual for this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

While on a weekend trip to the Jackson MS area, ran across this unique local restaurant. We were a Party of 7 on Saturday evening. We had grandparents, parents and a child.
Pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of food, service and price. They were very accommodating for our group...even had one senior with a walker.

I will definitely add this restaurant to our list for Madison, MS.

2  Thank Z4483EJdavidh