“Wonderful food! Service was okay.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Called ahead and made a reservation for 7:15. Sometimes on Friday nights they are very busy. Our waiter was just okay, but he did say he was new so we didn't complain. We had to ask for bread and he brought it about 2 minutes before our food arrived. It would have been nice to have been able to eat on it before our meal with our soup and salad. I ordered the lobster stuffed shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes and au gratin potatoes. Added a side caesar salad. Shrimp were very delicious as well as the mashed potatoes. I didn't care for the au gratin potatoes (my husband and I both fought they didn't taste as good as they used to). Salad was fresh. Ordered a grilled chicken and broccoli kids plate for my 2 small children to share, it was great. My husband ordered a steak with rice and au gratin potatoes. He added the chowder, which was wonderful.

We come here every year on or close to his birthday. Kind of a tradition. We may eat here once or twice more during the year but sometimes not. The waiter wasn't great like I stated but perhaps he just needed more time to learn.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

A Saturday night stop on our way North Bonefish Grill proved to be an excellent choice. Even at the dinner hour our wait wasn't long. The meal was excellent and the service outstanding! Will be on our list of "Best Places to Eat".

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We used to dine here regularly and there was no reason for our long absence other than we have since retired from our careers and don't find ourselves in this part of town as often. Everything about this visit screams "Do this again and again"! Just a few minutes before the afternoon rush found us seated comfortably in a Bar booth, enjoying our drinks, order in, and now people watching as the restaurant fills up! We had forgotten how popular this bar is in the afternoon, but were pleasantly reminded. Wife enjoyed a Ceviche' appetizer and a glass of Pinot Grigio while I got real familiar with an order of Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos and a cold Stella Artois! Do yourself a favor and stop by on your way home. Bonefish is still a "Hot Spot" and as in all things worthwhile, timing IS everything!

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Perhaps it was the hour and a half waiting for our food, or the mediocre meal.. Very disappointed. We got chicken and a burger, there's no way it should've taken that long. I will say, the Bang Bang Shrimp was very tasty! It was definitely the silver lining of the outing! Watching three other table receive their food before us after arriving 30 minutes later was tough, but it was not worth the $42. Not at all.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I think their food is always good. I prefer to order the seafood dishes which I think
they do a really great job on. Of course it is hard to beat the bang bang shrimp
for an appetizer. I believe the serving size is not as large as it once was but it
still is good to share. I had the sea bass last time I was in and the house salad
which were both excellent.