“Great Brunch”
Review of Char Restaurant

Char Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Char Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 413 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E Northside Dr.
Description: Experience modern Southern cuisine and excellent service in a warm, inviting atmosphere at Char. Our specialties include USDA Prime and Choice cuts of beef, veal and lamb, along with seafood and shellfish roasted to perfection. Open for lunch and dinner daily, with weekday lunch specials and brunch every Saturday and Sunday. Private dining and catering are available for groups.
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Consistently good food at Char. Conveniently located with a great, diverse Sunday brunch menu and with a trio wandering among the tables playing soft background music. Pleasant and helpful staff.

4Top_Hospitality, Public Relations Manager at Char Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience; we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Great ambience, loved the music the piano guy was playing, the fried green tomatoes!!!!Amazing. Unfortunately I didn't have any main course but dessert was awesome as well- I had the brownie...great!!! I'll be back next time I'm in Jackson.

4Top_Hospitality, Public Relations Manager at Char Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Hello Zanzibar,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are thrilled you enjoyed everything. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

My colleague and I had lunch at this restaurant recently. We ordered the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer, and they were fabulous. I had a wedge salad with chicken and it was very good.

I would certainly return to this restaurant and would recommend it to others

4Top_Hospitality, Public Relations Manager at Char Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent visit. We are thrilled you enjoyed the fried green tomatoes and wedge salad - great choices! We look forward to seeing you in again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to patronize. It's a little expensive but you don't expect to run into the average citizen. Most of your affluent people can be found dining here. The service is great! Make sure you try the crab claws and/or the crab cakes. I'm not too fond of their salad there. Also, if you go for lunch, go early because they are know to run out of their lunch specials. I highly recommend you make reservations as well. Enjoy!

4Top_Hospitality, Public Relations Manager at Char Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you have received top notch service and have enjoyed our crab claws and crab cakes on a number of occasions. It is true that we sometimes run out of our daily specials on busy lunches; thank you for the recommendation for fellow Trip Advisors to arrive early! We do accept reservations starting right at 11am. Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to seeing you in again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went there with family and thought very delicious and well priced. Both of us ate the Friday catfish special and were well pleased with amount and price. Hush puppies were good. I did not like the grits, but that was the only complaint. Great service.

4Top_Hospitality, Public Relations Manager at Char Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your recent visit to Char! I am glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your meals. I am sorry to hear that you didn't care for the grits; please know that we are happy to take care of anything you do not absolutely love. Was there anything in particular you didn't like about the dish? We're always open to feedback from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to share yours. Please come see us again soon!