“Fresh, flavorful seafood & more”
Review of The Islander - CLOSED

The Islander
Price range: USD 6 - USD 28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Fine, Family Dining. Islander has a beach theme with Jimmy Buffet tunes in the background. We have a raw bar for fresh shucked oysters on the half shell, tuna tartar and more. We have a steam room with individual kettles for lobster, crab clusters, mussels, peel $ eat shrimp. Our po-boys are made with real Gambino bread, brought in from New Orleans! Outdoor patio seating for dining, and outdoor seats at the bar are available. Islander Seafood and Oyster House is the perfect get away for a nights vacation!
Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

Everything we had - oysters, seafood pasta, gumbo, Cobb salad, chocolate cake, blackberries and whipped cream - was delicious and as flavorful as it could be! The whiskey sour was great, too! Guys at the bar seemed right at home. Nothing pretentious about the decor or place. Just great quality food! Our waiter Sam was great!

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Can't find a negative. Food was excellent. People were friendly service was great. They have a nice beer selection

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My friends and I visited The Islander in July following my birthday. The service was great. We were quickly seated, given menus, and options for drinks. The waiter was very prompt in responding to our needs. Now to the food: The oysters were no so good. I ordered the charbroiled oyster with cheese and bacon. The oysters were not fresh off the grill (meaning from grill, to plate, to me). The cheese was cold and the oysters were lukewarm. Most in importantly, the oysters were very small. Not worth the price. The crab-cakes were good (nice size for an appetizer). I order the seafood pasta dish for my entree and it was really good. Two my friends ordered the gumbo and said it was awesome. One of my friends are from New Orleans, and he said that The Islander's gumbo was the best gumbo outside of New Orleans - and he has tried several.

Drinks: One thing that I thought was super cool is that one of my friends is on a gluten-free diet. He called the restaurant prior to our arrival to inquire about gluten-free beer. The staff informed him that they did not carry gluten-free beer; however, they inquire about what he liked for future reference. Upon arriving to the restaurant (which was less than an hour), they had went to a store nearby and purchased a 6-pack of his favorite gluten-free beer - now that's service folks. Everyone else was pleased with their drink orders too.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Delicious Po'Boys Sandwiches, both the fried oyster and the fried shrimp varieties. Yummy bread and seafood, perfect.

The server raved about the Chargrilled Oysters, with many different toppings to choose from, and they weren't very good. The Oysters Rockefeller had some kind of liquor that completed overwhelmed, and when we had them replaced with the plain charbroiled ones, they were only so-so. The oysters on the half shell were also very small, not a good value. We were charged for the higher priced ones that we sent back also.

Waiter was pleasant but slow service, waited long time for water refill, etc.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were greeted warmly at the door by the hostess. Our waiter was awesome! He introduced himself and went into a description of the dish of the day. I got a fish and shrimp platter and my boyfriend got a hamburger. The food was good, no complaints... It just didn't have that " wow" factor. This is a restaurant to come to if you want friendly service and a bite to eat.