“Great beer menu, good food”
Review of The Bulldog

The Bulldog
Ranked #23 of 400 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Here, at The Bulldog, WE LOVE BEER! With Jackson's largest selection of 62 mainly local and craft beers on tap and 75+ in bottles, our friendly staff will take you on a beer-venture to find your favorites. We offer a fully stocked bar and an extensive food selection that includes salads, juicy burgers, Tex-Mex appetizers, and Cajun signatures. The atmosphere is charming to say the least, with dark woods, intimate lighting, and an inviting New Orleans style patio, you'll feel right at home. Pull up a seat! Catch the game with your friends on one of our 12 large indoor TVs or our 70" patio TV.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Prior to my visit, I had researched craft beer bars in town and found this place. The beer menu lived up to expectations, and I was especially happy to see an emphasis on Mississippi-brewed beers. Food was solid pub fare. I ordered the BBQ supreme chicken sandwich and got a side of waffle fries.

1  Thank Steven E

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This is probably my favorite spot to grab a bite while the ballgame is on. There are multiple TV's, and the atmosphere reminds me of an old European pub.

Everything I've had from the menu is terrific. I'm a steak guy, but they talked me into getting the seared Ahi Tuna, and it was fantastic! Highly recommended.

1  Thank WooPigBeachBum
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Tons of tv's and plenty of beers to chose from. Food is typical sandwiches and bar food but it was good. Service was a little slow.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Stopped in while traveling through Jackson. Wanted a nice place to get out of the car and enjoy a good bite in a non-chain establishment.

The setting is great.

The service was average to slow.

The food was below average and well below what I expected. We had a range of food (pulled pork sandwich, red beans and rice, mahi-mahi sandwich, etc). The mahi-mahi was agreeable. The pulled pork tasted old and the red beans and rice were overly salty and missing taste. It seemed a bit more like a "kit" one might buy at a store for red beans and rice.

The price was also north of where one might expect given the quality of the food.

We stopped in for food but were disappointed. I can see it being a really neat place to hang out and drink at night---and once you have had enough to drink, the food and prices would not bother you.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

60-ish beers on tap and growlers available is enough to stop by here. My steak wrap was done nicely with good seasoning and a nice amount of peppers and onions. My partners' nacho's were average (how great can nacho's be?). The prices were fair and the wait staff did a great job.