Mississippi Children's Museum
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Amazing kids museum with so many varied exhibits!

This is a fantastic kids' museum. It has so many exhibits that we didn't even get to them all in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jazchambers
Jackson, Mississippi
Quick Trip

My husband and I took our daughter who is almost 2 years old. We had a great time, but she was a... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2018
mrsburn
Poplar Bluff, Missouri

All reviews all ages scrabble board water play music room fun exhibits great for kids learning experience year olds kids love jackson area outdoor area lots of fun birthday party whole family several hours rainy day next door
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Junior League of Jackson truly outdid themselves helping get this Community Jewel up and running! We take our Grandchildren here every time they visit because there is so much Hands-On and so much to see and learn! Don't miss it! So convenient to get to---right off I-55 and Lakeland Drive.

1  Thank shchristy
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Took my nine year old grandson to this museum. It has a lot of stuff to do for kids crammed into one space. Its hard to keep up with your child. He thought most of the stuff was for the younger children and not a lot of stuff for him to do. Thought it was a little silly to charge the mother and grandmother the same price as the child. Obviously they are not going to play on the equipment. Bathroom were not well maintained. The attendant working there were on their phones all the time. Was a bit disappointed.

1  Thank sunni014
MCMMarketing, Manager at Mississippi Children's Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to make MCM better!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I have visited this museum four times over the last three years and it is disappointing to see that this facility is not being maintained as it should. They have a large variety of things for children to play and learn with and my grandchildren love to come here. Some attractions need simple repairs and the whole facility needs a good scrubbing.

I was also very surprised that the restroom had no soap or paper towel, especially during flu season.

It saddens me that they aren’t using the substantial entrance fees to maintain this facility. My city does not have the luxury of having a Children’s Museum so to see one slowly deteriorating due to lack of maintenance is disturbing.

I hope they do better in the future.

1  Thank U3837WYshirleym
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I loved this place adults and kids can have fun! I went during the winter and there was a winter wonderland slide-- it was long! We loved the tunnels and the pretend broadcasting room. The prices were quite reasonable. This museum also shows children life skills like washing a ca and so much more. I would recommend this place to people who have kids and like to enjoy family time.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Excellent children's museum. The kids can have fun and learn about Mississippi at the same time. There are slides, puzzles, water play, and milking a cow to name a few things available. Probably best suited for smaller, preteen kids. Also, there's usually an exhibit upstairs that changes every couple of months; the kids loved the Thomas the Train exhibit.
Rain or shine, take the kids and they'll have a blast!
Get the membership if you're local.

Date of experience: January 2018
MCMMarketing, Manager at Mississippi Children's Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your review!