“Loved staying at the King Edward”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The King Edward Hotel, also known as the Hilton Garden Inn, is a pretty great hotel in downtown Jackson. It's rich with history & undrwent a 90 million dollar renovation a few years ago. The staff was very friendly. Our room was big with high ceilings. Everything was very nice, comfortable, and clean. It's located just down the block from the Mayflower Cafe, which is a great little restaurant from the 1930's. The hotel is also within walking distance of the new and old capital buildings. I would definately love to stay at the King Edward again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MadelineNewYorkCity
MMAC2010, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your fabulous feedback. Downtown is poised for additional restoration projects in the downtown area and I hope you get to spend some more time with us on your next visit. Truly, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family of 5 joined relatives for a Saturday night wedding in Jackson, MS. I think most of the 8th floor housed our wedding group. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. The parking staff was quick and pleasant when parking or retrieving our car. The bar tenders were most accommodating and friendly. We only were there for one night but it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the feedback and hope you can join us again in the near future for a longer visit. Truly, it was our pleasure to serve you and your family.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We walked through a beautifully decorated lobby late in the evening we were to check in. I was happy to see fresh flowers arrangements and several sets of group seating areas with comfortable chairs and sofas. The front desk staff could not have been more friendly, attentive or organized upon greeting us. The check in process was one of the best and speediest I have ever experienced.

The room was fairly spacious, the beds were very comfortable (firmness of the mattress may be controlled by the patron) and the Herman Miller (I believe) desk chair was incredibly comfortable as well. We had free Wi-fi, which was a nice feature.

We walked to the different venues of interest. There are a lot of neat old buildings in the area which made the strolls that much more interesting. Street parking was limited and metered so we all chose to use the hotel's valet parking. Valet service was prompt and the valets were always very polite.

We stayed at this HGI for three nights and had other rooms for family members. A family member who was participating in the All-State Honor Choir rehersals and concert at Galloway United Methodist Church, stayed at the nearby Marriott. They moved to the HGI for the last night and much preferred it to the Marriott. From my experience with that Marriott I can understand why. The Hilton Garden Inn was much more welcoming.

Wait service during breakfast at the hotel on Friday was almost non-existant. It seemed like they were a bit short staffed but happily enough the food service staff was always timely and responsive. The remaining mornings were somewhat better. The third floor hallway did smell faintly of cigarette smoke though all the rooms are non-smoking.

Throughout our entire stay there, various members of front desk staff were extremely responsive to our requests and made the stay there more enjoyable. If Jackson hosts the All-State Choir event again in the same area, I would be happy to stay at the HGI Downtown again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank billfisher

Thank you for your kind words..... on the facility, on the staff, on the service and on the food. We are expecting great things from other restorative projects in the downtown area and hope there is more to enjoy on your next visit. Truly, it was our pleasure to serve.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here on my wedding night. That bed was the most amazing thing I have ever slept on in my entire life! The room was amazing! I wish I could have stayed more than one night! I loved that there was a hairdryer in the room. Things like that make traveling so much easier! The flat screen tv was also a plus. We didn't watch much tv but it was nice seeing it in there! I was on the 8th floor and the view was awesome! I love downtown so much so It was cool to see it from so high up! The breakfast the following morning was also amazing. Fresh made eggs and bacon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wes S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business and would be honored for you to stay with us in the future. Wes Scrape - General Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I lived in Jackson for 4 years and had never stepped foot in this hotel, but had always heard great things. I decided to stay here when I returned to Jackson for a visit & was so pleased! The hotel is immaculate, the staff are some of the friendliest I've ever experienced & the room was spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would say if you're looking for the best bargain, this wouldn't be your top pick (the Cabot Lodge is nice with free parking, free breakfast & free evening drinks), but I don't regret staying here at all! I think it's definitely worth the few extra dollars. You'll feel like royalty.

Room Tip: I heard some rooms can be noisy because of the surrounding train/bus station. I didn't experien...