“Awesome Shrimp Po-Boy!”

Ben's Deli
Ranked #17 of 263 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I had heard good things about Ben's Deli and today I had an opportunity to check it out. This tiny restaurant is bright, comfortable, and efficient. There are 7 stools along the counter, which is adjacent to the restaurant's big front window facing Pass Road. You can watch the traffic saunter or speed by as you enjoy your meal. I ordered the 8-inch Shrimp Po-Boy ($6.75), and for an extra $1.99 added a side order of fries and a can of soda. After only a few short minutes my food was done so I decided to take a stool at the window as I ate. The fried shrimp po-boy was absolutely wonderful. The bread was so fresh, light, and toasted to perfection with the just-right amount of tangy sauce added. And the shrimp were incredibly fresh and fried with a light but flavorful coating. The order of French Fries was also delicious and fresh and plentiful. They were obviously prepared in very fresh cooking oil. While I ate, there must have been at least a dozen customers come and go with takeout orders, that's how popular this little diner is. While I was waiting for my food to be prepared I talked to a lady who was new to the area but soon found Ben's Deli to be one of her favorite restaurants. She said she especially enjoyed their lo mein dishes. The good people that own and operate this restaurant serve burgers, po-boys, a variety of fried rice and lo mein dishes, a variety of seafood platters, and a selection of salads. The nice lady at the order/pickup counter told me they source their po-boy bread from a local bakery a few blocks away on Highway 49. They even have French Fries with Gravy for $2.79 on the menu! I plan to visit this place much more often, even if I have to go out of my way to get here! Biloxi Bob

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Some of the best po-boys around--overstuffed and done right. Good lo mien and fried rice. They can't close the lid on the seafood plates because they pile them high. Never had a bad thing from here.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

we got the fried shrimp and they give you more food than you can eat for a decent price... very good food!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Small restaurant that's big on flavor, serving sizes and small on price! Hidden gem in a tourist town :) Only a few seats but just take your food and eat at the beach a short drive away.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Don't drive by this place if you are looking for the BEST shrimp po boy in Gulfport. The service is fast and friendly,the food quality is the best and seasoned just right. The prices are better than the competition. Don't pass this up!

Been to Ben's Deli? Share your experiences!