All reviews room was clean great visit recommend this hotel shampoo ms
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We are so happy to have come to Motel 6 here in Gulfport, MS. We left Delaware and relocated here for work and while we are looking for a house, we decided to stay in a hotel. We started at the Red Roof Inn, and WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE THERE. I will NEVER go back to another Red Roof. Long story short, we had the worst experience. We have 2 dogs and even though we stayed at Red Roof for a week, the day we were to pay for another week, the ignorant manager, Mimi, decided to change the policy and said we couldn't stay since we had 2 dogs. Anyway, we were upset and came to Motel 6. They invited us in like family and gave us a great weekly rate. It was so soothing after the horrible treatment we received at Red Roof. The staff here is so great! They love our dogs and always wave to them through the window. They have no breed restrictions either. We have been very happy here. It is quiet and the rooms are really nice. I cannot say enough about the great attitude of the staff and the southern hospitality is beyond compare. Nice laundry facility also. Staff always says hello and asks how you're doing every time you walk by one of them. So friendly and courteous. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and the wonderful staff. If I could give 50 stars instead of 5, I would. Thank you Motel 6 and your amazing staff for making our stay with our dogs really wonderful!!!!

Room tip: Second floor is quiet and breezy. Excellent all around hotel.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Only as required, I paid hard earned money there for quite some time. Watch the premonitions kinda spooky, but no immediate danger. NO RECOMMENDATION - GM needs to be more polite and very very little continental breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Joshua H
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

First, remember, Motel 6 is no frills. Front desk clerk was very friendly. No charge for a dog. You have to pay for basic wifi with a higher price for premium wifi. Rooms have been very recently renovated. Nice wood floors. Modern furnishings with a very comfortable bed. Room had a phone and a flat screen TV. that's it. I'm giving it 3 stars because it's next door to a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. Doesn't get any better than that. It has a pool. Right in the middle of every fast food place you can think of plus lots of restaurants. Outlet mall is down the road.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The clerk at the check-in desk was delightful. Friendly and helpful. It all went downhill after that. Property is old and needs a serious upgrade, including landscaping! My room was horrible. Flickering bathroom light, loud bathroom fan, titled and squeaky bed. Furnishings were old and unattractive. Do not waste your money at this place.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I make many trips to the gulf coast so I stay in hotels often. This weekend I had my child with me and was very disappointed. Checked in and went to my with no problem. Around 10 pm I heard a lot of people outside of my room making a lot of noise. I peeped out my window to see 3 cars full of Adults and children parking and going into the room next to me. I counted over 15 people. They continued to blast their car radio and drink outside the room until 2 in the morning in which I call and asked to change my room which there was no other room available so I asked could they be called and asked to keep it kind of quiet. 3 PM I seceded to ask them myself to keep it down. 3:15 I received a call from the front desk telling me there was a complaint on me. Needless to say I packed my child up at 4am and left. Never will I ever stay here again!

Room tip: Go to another hotel!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IRA1106
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Ira, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.