“Go somewhere else if you want to make money.”
Review of Island View Casino

Island View Casino
Ranked #3 of 35 things to do in Gulfport
Charleston, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Go somewhere else if you want to make money.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Don't disregard my review because I had terrible luck, there was a lot more to it. Granted, the casino provides shuttle service, is clean, and has a good buffet...but that is par for any of them. For that, they get the 2 stars rather than one. My personal experience will describe the cons:

First off, it is a slot casino. The selection and number of tables is minimal with only a couple little sections to choose from. They only had a few tables open while I was there, which I guess was to keep more players per table, so I decided to sit a one with an open spot. I wasn't too familiar with the game so I figured I would give it a chance. I played about a dozen hands and lost all but one. I split the luck 50/50 between bad luck and the dealer not explaining all of the rules at once. So what, I lost, so I got up and moved over to the roulette wheel. I watched about 6-7 balls land on an even, red, low number so I figured I would play the odds and bet odd, black, high.....it rolled about 8 or so more even, red, lows in a row before I stopped saying, "there is no way it can do that again." and got up and left. Yes, about 15 even, red, lows in a row. Anyway, I bounced around for a bit longer between the tables. Everyone who worked there knew of my bad luck because they all commented on it. Regardless, I was never offered a drink. I even had to be rude and shout an order at a few servers....but still didn't get one. I didn't get one comp. You figure someone who busts on several hundred dollars would get some drinks, food, etc. but nope. When I road the shuttle out, the bus was filled with people grumbling the same thing as myself, "I have never had this much bad luck in my entire life!" I didn't meet one winner. Anyway, call it the luck of the cards if you want, but they you will have to admit that THIS CASINO SERVES UP BAD LUCK!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank CharlestonReviewer

Powder Springs, Georgia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“tournament fun”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Lots of slot machines, lots of variety, mostly penny machines, $1 machines few and far between, not very loose; high roller area not very diversified, just the older style machines, not Top Dollar or Pin Ball, my favorite...you'll find these at the Beau, Hardrock, and IP and they pay NICE. The card tables are the best, great dealers, love the Party Poker games with their bonus spots. You earn comps for table play separately from slot play, so you are getting great free play offers monthly from each "dept". Amazing Marketing Ploy, and it works. Now I usually come here lst then go to my favorite spots in Biloxi. The Island View has many 2X and 10X point play days and if you sign up with email, they'll notify you of them.

Visited April 2013
Zachary, Louisiana
“Wish the slots were not so tight,but it is a gamble. The food is pretty good,room's are great”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Visit a couple times a month,comp are great,rooms are great nice and clean. Lots of slots payouts are good but not great. Most people I meet are nice and seem to have a great time.Buffet is big lots of good food.

Visited September 2013
Weeki Wachee, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Island View Casino "Not Magic"”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

On August 19th I visited the Island View Casino in Gulfport Mississippi.
When I walked in I was impressed by the size of the casino and the volume of slot machines, UNTIL, I got a close look and a view of the other players. Obviously I did not see too many happy faces, and the machines especially the older ones were in disrepair. If you are looking for better odds go to the Biloxi casinos and play.

2 Thank JS1248
Gulfport, Mississippi
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Superb buffets”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have been here for a few buffets and have always been very pleased. The selection is tremendous, always fresh and beautifully presented.

Visited May 2013