“Great Casino Restaurant ”
Review of C & G Grille

C & G Grille
Ranked #20 of 274 Restaurants in Gulfport
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Great cafe inside island View Casino
Varied well priced menu with local seafood and chef specialties. Wonderful salad bar and breakfast a
Add day. Try the burrito bowl and the firecracker shrimp appetizer.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for the BBQ special. Lots of food at a great value. Modest sized Pantry Buffet offered everything we wanted and more from a salad bar. Next time we may just have the Pantry Buffet. Great hiding spot from the crowd with a view of the water.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We have been going to C&G Grille for meals for the last few years when we visit Island View Casino. The Dinner meal is always great.The steak and redfish ponchatrain are top notch. However, the lunch sandwiches are of poor quality these days. I recall when they offered the Twisted BLT and it was delicious. It's been off the menu for a few years. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. It was horrible. It was worse than hospital/school cafeteria food. Additionally, the waitress seemed very put out to bring BBQ sauce to cover the taste, and the BBQ sauce was ice cold. My sister ordered a burger. Their burgers were formerly fantastic. Now, it is just processed meat. So Gross. Overall, I would pass on lunch but dinner remains top notch!!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinnner last night at C&G Grill in Gulfport’s Island View Casino. I can’t recall ever having a more disappointing meal. Only 1 of us ordered a drink before dinner. It took over 10 minutes to get a glass of Chardonnay. 3 of us had the half rack of ribs with corn-on-the-cob and baked potato.
When one of our party attempted to help a 92 yr old decide what to order by asking if he wanted the soup and salad with his meal, the waiter snidely asked “Who’s taking the order, me or you?”

When the meal arrived, it lacked the baked potatoes, which we were told would be out ASAP. We were over half finished with dinner before the potatoes made their appearance. The corn was over-cooked, water-soaked, and stone cold. One of our party of 4 ordered chicken Alfredo. It was served in a smallish bowl. When he remarked to the server that he was accustomed to seeing it served on a plate, the waiter shot back, “Well, many people like it this way.”

I will NEVER have a meal at C&G Grill nor would I recommend it to others. It’s more economical to eat at home unless you want mediocre food served with a side order of sarcasm.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I'm not sure what all of the 5's are about. My husband and I went there last night for something to eat. Not the first time. Service is always good but it seems to take for ever to get your meal. I guess the kitchen only does one ticket at a time. Bottom line ordered the Rueben sandwich. It took 35 minutes to finally get it and I think it was because the server went to the manager. Every time we go there it is a long wait for the food. The server did everything possible to appease us. She checked on it several times and finally went to the manager, who brought it out almost immediately. She apologized for the long wait and also offered us a free salad bar. Will say the Rueben was very good, French fries were on the dry side. Maybe they should consider having more cooks in the kitchen. I appreciate the fact that they tired to make it better for us. Thirty five minutes for a sandwich is not acceptable. I responded a NO for recommending this restaurant for large groups. If it takes 35 minutes for one sandwich I don't think it would service a large group well.