“Sloth Slow”
Review of C & G Grille

C & G Grille
Ranked #20 of 286 Restaurants in Gulfport
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I'm not sure what all of the 5's are about. My husband and I went there last night for something to eat. Not the first time. Service is always good but it seems to take for ever to get your meal. I guess the kitchen only does one ticket at a time. Bottom line ordered the Rueben sandwich. It took 35 minutes to finally get it and I think it was because the server went to the manager. Every time we go there it is a long wait for the food. The server did everything possible to appease us. She checked on it several times and finally went to the manager, who brought it out almost immediately. She apologized for the long wait and also offered us a free salad bar. Will say the Rueben was very good, French fries were on the dry side. Maybe they should consider having more cooks in the kitchen. I appreciate the fact that they tired to make it better for us. Thirty five minutes for a sandwich is not acceptable. I responded a NO for recommending this restaurant for large groups. If it takes 35 minutes for one sandwich I don't think it would service a large group well.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Had Christmas dinner last night. Both my wife and I had the red fish Pontchartrain. Service was good, a bit unusual in that when we asked our server what was good, this was the dish recommended, but were also told of the ones that were bad. For that reason, I will not mention my server's name.
The salad bar was well stocked, and the various ingredients were fresh. The meal came within a reasonable time, and was enjoyed. The fish was good, but not great...thus the four star rating and not a five.
Situated right off the casino floor, one would expect a noisy time. But it was actually very pleasant.
Our server didn't seem too pleased to be working Christmas, but we found that our server warmed up to us as the meal continued. Overall, I would recommend for a non-special occasion. Just a casual, pricey meal.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Food and atmosphere were good. We had dinner here Christmas night and the food and service were good. They had some Christmas specials (turkey dinner or redfish dinner). The turkey dinner was the only one I saw but it looked really good. They had a nice salad bar, and wasn't a bad $5 add-on to any meal. I did the shrimp Alfredo and it was good, more flavor than I expected, but overall well done.
Service was good, no waiting, and my tea stayed refilled. In and out in a little over an hour.
The restaurant is only accessible from the gaming floor so everyone there is of legal gambling age.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Even the salad bar is good. Fresh catch of the day is wonderful. No mistake eating here.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here 2 night ago We brought our grandchildren last night. Everything we had at not meals were fantastic. The shrimp and oysters are fresh and cooked perfect. The gumbo on the soup and salad bar is the best seafood gumbo I have ever had. We have ate all over the coast including LA and AL and nowhere beats this place. The price is far for what you get. We will eat here again and again.

Date of visit: October 2017