“This is a WOW!”

Samurai
Ranked #28 of 267 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I have spent a great deal of time in Japan and this is as close as I've come to finding a great Japanese restaurant in the U.S. and to think it is in Gulfport, Mississippi. A lot better than those I used to frequent in Seattle. A must return. The yaki-soba that they served was wonderful and my wife had the special smoked salmon, seaweed, miso special which was a classic.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This was our first experience with this level of sushi. It's the real thing. We ordered 14 items. The prep and presentation to our table was perfect. The location is a diamond in the rough. Looks like an old Pizza Hut. Once your inside it becomes a different world. A local Chef and his lovely wife were our guides. The menu is overwhelming. Our guides threw us in the "deep end" and went all raw. Surprising flavors. It would take paragraphs to describe. The tuna and mango roll is top shelf.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Samurai is a great little eatery on Hwy 49, near Pass Rd. Excellent fresh sushi and sashimi, maki and nori rolls, plenty of original sushi rolls with crwafish, scallops, and more local seafood...try the spicy Inferno Roll...fantastic.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Pleased to see Sonny back at the helm. His place has always provided great selections of food, great service and soothing atmosphere.

The new menu was easy to read, very descriptive and mouth watering in anticipation of what will come. We started with Sonny'a own spicy edamame which was delightful, tangy without being to hot. Then, I had the octopus salad, squid salad the Daily Special which were very good. My wife had the coconut shrimp and seaweed salad. Her shrimp admittedly were not up to the normal standard, to much breading to coconut ratio but none the less it was tasty.

We will return again soon to your favorite Japanese Restruant on the Gulf Coast

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

There is also a another one better location with a better setting. Same Rolls through D'Iberville. The Hawaiian Rolls (Cooked) by far the best for me. Love coming to both locations Great service as well!