“Best catfish and fried shrimp I’ve ever had!!!”

Jerry's Catfish House
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My family has been going to Jerry’s Fish House for the last 25 yrs since we moved here! The food and service is always good!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We pass here every year returning from our Florida vacation. It's usually on Saturday afternoon and they are closed. But we got lucky on a Sunday afternoon and stopped in. The food was really good. Loved the greens and coleslaw especially. The catfish was good too I got the all you can eat and one plate of was plenty. My husband got the four pieces but he's a light eater. Will definitely return. There was a long wait time at 2:30 we opted to go upstairs but the service was slower there. They did refill our teas promptly and asked if I needed more fish.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The fish is really good! The hush puppies don't have any flavor. They are very bland. Fries could use some originality.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Very loud in the dining area. All the food was good except for the generic french fries. Seemed to be stingy on the coleslaw, had to ask for 4 refills for a group of 4 people. Hushpuppies were small enough & had an excellent taste; especially with the coleslaw. Fish came out warm and had a great tast.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

As a native of the catfish capitol of the world, and a aficionado of these bottom feeders, which I have had baked, broiled and fried over the course of my nearly 63 years - including those I have hauled up by a line and laid into a red hot skillet full of lard on the banks of a bayou, I know good catfish. I thought I knew Jerry's. But, the last trip to the Florence landmark in its white beehive dome building was just not as good as I had expected it to be after a half dozen trips before. I do not live in Florence. I actually live in Arizona now for work. Work is work but I'd rather be home - eating catfish. But we come here whenever we are visiting the old(er) folks. My mom, one of those older folks lives in Ridgeland and she ate here more recently. But, even she agreed that this last trip was just not up to snuff. I don't know why. I cannot imagine they would change the recipe. Maybe my taste has changed. (When not here, we go to the Cock of the Walk on the Reservoir, which is excellent - really better.) Anyway, this is kind of a fun place. All the sides are great - the best darn fried okra ever - but the fish now seems so-so. Sorry Jerry. If you've done something different to compete with Berry's and its gigantic cross in its front yard - stop it.

Been to Jerry's Catfish House? Share your experiences!