“Breakfast done right!!”
Review of Abe's Grill

Abe's Grill
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Corinth
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I ate at Abe’s every week day morning for three months back in 1982 and revisited for the first time since then this morning.

It was like I had stepped thru a time warp back to 1982.

Abe was still behind the counter dishing up breakfast the same as he did some 36 years ago.

I had my eggs over light with bacon, two of his famous biscuits with brown gravy and coffee.

They were breading and grilling pork loin while I was sitting there and I was tempted to let him slip one on my plate as well.

If you are in Corinth and like a good home cooked style breakfast or lunch, don’t miss Abe’s.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The best food. Down home, home-cooking food. Few seats--but that's OK. It's worth it. Don't miss this if you're traveling thru. Breakfast is to die for.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Abe opened this restaurant a few years after I left college in the 70's and he's still here. Abe assured us he offered the best patty melt in Mississippi and I will have to agree. It's the best I've had in a long time. Toasted in plenty of artery-clogging butter, with mucho cheese surrounding the patty and bacon. (Photo below)

Inside Abe's has the crowded counter (see photo) where you can watch Abe and his wife work their magic. Outside there are other tables, but I suggest that if the parking lot looks full, the inside is probably full, too.

On the other hand Abe opens at something like 5AM so you can go early.

Abe also makes fresh cookies (photo below) that are so inexpensive you'll be tempted to binge. The only strange part of my visit was I was charged one dollar (!) for a glass of water, but I thought maybe it was a local custom and the bill wasn't high enough to question.

If you're in the vicinity, don't miss the chance to visit Abe.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I have to admit: if we had not read some reviews in advance and wanted cheeseburgers, we probably would not have visited Abe's but appearances can be deceiving - the front of Abe's Grill is a sight to behold. Assured there would be good eats inside, we entered this small diner and took seats at the counter (the Disney Channel was on throughout our visit- a nice break from news). Of course, my wife and I ordered two cheeseburgers and fries - behind the counter Abe suggested we sprinkle their spices on the fries, which was very tasty-a nice bite but not too spicy. The cheeseburgers were a classic diner special-good burgers. Since we had room, we had the suggested chocolate chip cookies as well, all the time listening and then engaging in the ongoing counter conversation about the royal wedding, local history, where we were from, and suggested stops in Corinth -very friendly folks! (We did visit, as suggested, the National Military Cemetery 5 minutes up the road and looked, when we visited the Corinth Interpretive Center, for mention of the college which burned during the Civil War but formerly sat on the site of Abe's Grill!) All in all, a friendly diner with good food - a classic.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ask for Abe’s cheeseburger it’s exceptional! Cooked on the grill and prepared in front of you. Ask for chocolate chip cookies, they are FANTASTIC!!!