“Great local fare”

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #21 of 54 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: USD 8 - USD 27
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were on a motor coach tour from the Chicago area to visit Vicksburg and Natchez. The Catfish Cabin was the chosen lunch spot because of the excellent reviews. We weren't disappointed. The buffet featured fried and BBQ's chicken and all the "fixins". The fried chicken was some of the best I've ever had and the macaroni and cheese was perfect. The salad bar included fantastic home made pickles and deviled eggs. The only disappointment we experienced was that we stopped for lunch on Sunday and they don't serve catfish on Sundays. Also it was a bit crowded and busy but as one patron I talked to said "this is the best food within 50 miles" The owners, staff and patrons really gave us a great experience of southern hospitality. Sorry I missed the catfish.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Duane B

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Catfish was delicious, grits left a lot to be desired, crappy customer service. I went on a Saturday evening the restaurant was not crowded but it took a while to even get drinks. I asked for a side salad with the meal and wasn't told that I could get it myself from the bar. As I sat and waited another waitress just happened to walk by and I asked about the side salad she told me that I could just go to the table and get it myself. It then took forever to get the wait person to return so I could pay the bill. Again the same wait staff that explained the side bar confusion checked in with me and informed me that I could just take to tab to the front cashier and pay there. As I was waiting for my food I watched the table across from me, same wait staff person, send their 2 tickets back 3 times and one of them still wasn't fixed when the couple left, so I know it wasn't just me having an off day.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2016

One of the best fish houses in the Delta, but it is a good one. Love there crispy, thin-cut catfish and their homemade tartar sauce!!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 27 February 2016

I wanted some hometown cooking and boy did they deliver. Sweet waitress and lots of tasty catfish just kept on coming. One more round and then some treadmill for me.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Really enjoyed the gumbo at this restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and checked on us several times to make sure we were OK.

Date of visit: August 2015