“Old school”
Review of The Ranchero

The Ranchero
Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The website has pictures of the restaurant I ate it. Nice local place with local owners. Had my first southern BBQ there and it was really yummy.
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Great steaks, ribs, salad. The memorabilia on the walls tells a story. Classic delta eatery, not to be missed.

1  Thank sarahelaine07

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is a traditional diner established in 1959 and used by locals. It was our favourite meal from a two week road trip of The Deep South. We had two steak dinners with french fries and salad. Our waitress was very polite and attentive. The steak was cooked to perfection, we really enjoyed the whole experience at a fantastic price.

1  Thank madowninguk
Reviewed 23 April 2017

A totally different style to the fast food outlets on S State near the motels and the downtown restaurants - more of the traditional almost country style of cooking in an old fashioned atmosphere - probably hasn't changed in decades.
My biggest negative was they don't serve wine which stopped me ordering a steak.
Tried a chicken parmigiana instead, a fascinating dish which looked nothing like anything I've experienced, smothered in a meat sauce but actually tasted good.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what I'd find when I walked into this restaurant. Despite the name, it's not Mexican, but a local family diner. The inside is definitely old fashioned and decorated wall to wall with area memorabilia. The actual menu was torn, disgusting, and in desperate need of replacement. The salad bar is very small but fresh. The service was timely and friendly. It's obvious the owners care about this place. With just a few extra touches, this could be an even better place to dine.

1  Thank BlueBassBoat
Reviewed 20 December 2016

The food was good, the wait time was not very long. Food was hot and our waitress was very attentive.

1  Thank benitadavis20