“Only if you can't find a room in a better place.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon

Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Huntington, Texas
“Only if you can't find a room in a better place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We should have walked out and looked for a better place, but were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anything on a Friday night. Very friendly staff, but the hallways and stairs(no elevator) were very hot, smelly and dirty. The room didn't smell too bad, but I found myself keeping my shoes on and I didn't rest very well. My husband said people were noisy out in the hall around midnight. We only paid $50 and truthfully, I guess you get what you pay for. The place just needs a really good cleaning and renovation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that yyour experience didnot meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Maumelle, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed for two nights last weekend and I honestly can't say anything good about it...ok well the air conditioner works.

Dirty, smelled of smoke. Our window was broken and had duct tape on it. Room service just changed out towels and toilet paper but failed to make the bed!

Pillows are flat, towels are thin and there are people drinking in the parking lot at 7:30 am!

Avoid this place like the plague! We are staying at the La Quinta next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, 10 July 2011
I sincerely apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. What you experienced is not normal of our Red Roof Inn hospitality. In efforts to go green, our housekeeping changes bedding every other day unless daily service is requested. We are currently in the process of deep cleaning our rooms as well as retraining all staff. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal to make all guests feel confident in our abilities, significant as well as delighted by our southern hospitality. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true spirit. Should you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone at 601-824-3839 or via email at i0599@redroof.com. Thank you for your patronage.

Travellers are raving about these Brandon hotels

Vacaville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

The room was very economically priced but..............dirty, wreaked of tobacco in non-smoking room, furniture falling apart, bugs (millipedes & roaches), book disappeared from room, bed so uncomfortable that I slept in a chair part of the night, no elevator, towels like thin sandpaper.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, 19 June 2011
Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. What you experienced is not typical of our Red Roof Inn property. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We have had our property serviced for pests and are in the planning stages of renovations. Should you return to our area please allow us the opportunity to show you our true hospitality. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns. I can be reached via email at i0599@redroof.com or phone at 601-824-3839.
Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

On our way from Texas to Tennessee, Jackson was the midpoint, and we stopped at the Brandon Red Roof Inn because it was fairly cheap and they allowed dogs at no extra cost . Bare bones room, in no way cozy; however, it was fairly clean and roomy,. The hotel was noisy (doors had metallic lock guards that echoed down the hallway when they fell shut), but the noise died down around 9:00. We had our 9-month old daughter with us also, and felt fine letting her putter around the room (no cleanliness issues). Services like restaurants and groceries were pretty far away, and I had to cruise quite a ways to the west to find a grocery store, but I appreciated the wifi that let me locate the stores on my laptop before heading out. The property is right next to the interstate, but our room was on the far side so we didn't notice road noise. Staff was friendly. There was no continental breakfast. It's not fancy, it's not that pretty, but when you just need a quick overnight place to stay, this is a pretty good spot. I must admit, however, that if I do the drive again, I could be persuaded to stay somewhere else that offered at least a few pastries and juice for breakfast, and perhaps a picture or two on the walls of the room.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear guest, Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Spent one night here on the way back from eleven day road trip. It sits off the interstate however, inside the hotel it sounds like the traffic is in the next room. Also, no elevator which was difficult since I was traveling with older parents. Went to hang something on a closet rack and it fell from the wall.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Hello,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We have fixed the maintenance issues and are diligently working towards correcting the other issues you experienced during your stay. It is unfortunate you all did not enjoy your stay. We hope you will give Red Roof Inn & Suites in Brandon, MS another chance should you get back to our area. Should you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at i0599@redroof.com. Once again, I apologize for your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
3.4 km away
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
13.0 km away
Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport
6.8 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
12.8 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!