“Beautiful hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 15 October 2008

My boyfriend was asked to come here for a three night stay, free of charge. Of course he gambled and I just watched; all of our meals were comped, though and the hotel was absolutely beautiful. We were shuttled in on a tour bus but it wasn't hard to maneuver. We stayed on the 15th floor. If you have a choice, ask for ocean side... there is nothing more beautiful than the red ball sun slipping into the ocean at sunset! GORGEOUS!
The food was scrumptious, everyone was very very nice; cards just weren't falling right. (He's a black jack player)
There was a hotel worker in between the elevators after about 11 (ummmm we went up at 4 a.m.) to check your hotel key - that made me feel pretty safe. We walked to Hard Rock Casino for a little while, but that's about all there is to do!
The bathroom was to die for! A soaking tub and a glass enclosed marble shower... the shower leaked but we wiped up the mess and just went on. The maids could obviously tell that the shower leaked when they went in because there were towels all over the floor. And we had a flat screen, large tv, but very few channels - sports, news, USA, TBS, TNT, a few locals, and the hotel advertising. Unfortunately, I was in the room more and slept more, and watched more TV - I watched two movies twice all the way through!
All in all, excellent service and fun!

• Liked — All in one place!
  • Disliked — No gift shop (to get like t-shirts or magnets that say Biloxi)
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,122)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Alabama
Reviewed 10 October 2008

The hotel/casino was very nice. We stayed in a corner room with a view of the city and the beach. The room was large, very clean and the view was great. The staff we had contact with were very professinal and polite. We did have one problem with the hotel. We were over charged on our room bill which was taken care after I contacted the hotel about the bill. The Beau Rivage is really nice hotel/casino and I would recommend it to anyone

• Liked — The Room/View
  • Disliked — Smoking in the Casino
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DBF2004
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Everything about the Beau Rivage is truly first class from the diverse restaurants to the eye-pleasing casino to the gorgeous lobby and luxurious rooms. The Beau is as close to high class Las Vegas as can be found in the entire Southeast.

The rooms are beautifully appointed with LCD TVs, marble baths, quality linens and wonderful pillow-top mattresses. Concerning the rooms, there are a few specific things to note. The spacious marble baths are equipped with large soaking tubs and huge walk-in showers with wonderful spa quality toiletries. The only negative is in the absence of in-room coffee.

The comfortable quality rooms are every bit worth paying up to $200 a night. You cannot beat the Beau's location and amenities anywhere else on the Gulf Coast.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — No In-room Coffee
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jcdato
Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I too have seen a big change going on at the Beau. We have stayed there for years and have always loved it. We were there this month in October. 2 things really upset me. 1. I went to the players club to see how many MORE points I needed to get the gift of the month. The gal told me I had 1,000 points and needed 500 more. I figure no problem. We played all morning and day. When I went back to the players club she told me I had 770 points. I told her what the other gal had said she calls over -I guess- her supervisor. They both looked and talked to me like I was a nothing. And said YOU HAVE 770 pointsand when I tried to explain what the other gal had said athey kept glaring at me and repeating - you have 770 points. . I know they had problems with the points on the machines as I was unable to use my point play that day. Anyhow it was their attitude. It was horrid. Now the bigger problem. 2. We were staying there over Mother's day. My son ordered a snack basket to be delivered to our room. $72.00 Which I never received. Didn't know about it until he asked me about it maybe a month later. He called the Beau at least 3 times and was told they would ck it out and get back to him. Which they never did. So when I went to Biloxi this summer I stopped in and asked them about it. I was given a name of a gal that is in charge of room service and said she would ck into it and settle this. So her and I talked and we met and she handed me a SHOPPING bag and in it was 3 - 2 oz bags. One pretzles, one reg and one BBQ. a 10 oz can of Mixed nuts and in a take out plate 7 snickers bars and in another plate 8 Reeses bars. No basket now --- a shopping bag. And not even a nice one. No tissue paper NOTHING. Her comment when I looked at it was THAT IS WHAT HE ORDERED. NATURALLY I COULD NOT ARGUE with her and I told her I have no idea since I did not get it for Mother's DAy. It was a sorry excuse for a $72.00 gift. She said They could NOT have just refunded it to his credit card. I really had thought since it was their mistake to start with a bottle of wine or anything NICE would have been iincluded. Even a basket would have been nice. This looked like JUNK that she had laying around thrown in there and I was very disappointed.

• Liked — We think it is a beautiful place
  • Disliked — A few of the people working there have bad attitudes.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CarolannS41
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 September 2008

Our room was large and beautiful with fantastic view of
the pool and the gulf. Fantastic midweek rate of $89 per night from our travel agent. Loved the separate shower and bath.
Lots of shopping eating, drinking and gambling options hotel and nearby. Short walk to the Hard Rock. Our only complaint was that the service was slow in the restaurant and bars.
Don't miss the charming little town of Ocean Springs just over
the bridge -- wonderful shops and restaurants.

• Liked — large rooms with great view and the pool is wonderful
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple