“The best food, even better people!”
Review of Starfish Cafe

Starfish Cafe
Price range: USD 15 - USD 45
Cuisines: Greek, Healthy
Description: Starfish Cafe is a job/life skills training program serving fresh and local foods in an experiential learning environment. Located in Old Town Bay Saint Louis, our eclectic surroundings match our creative menu. Join us today where your meal makes a difference in a persons' life and is a healthy flavor-full experience! We are a Pay What You Want non-profit, your food donation covers the cost of food and supports the training program.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The food is amazing and the premise for the restaurant is even better. Go try it and judge for yourself, I can assure you won't be disappointed.

Di F, Owner at Starfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very unique cafe we went there the other day a for lunch and just loved the whole ambience of the place! The food was wonderful! We ordered the starfish burger and it was topped with a wonderful homemade bun with all of the toppings coming from their garden out front! The place is ran by the students and the payment is so unusual. You pay what you want, whatever you think they deserve! They also don't know what you pay. I love that you can donate to the place to help the students! Just an overall wonderful place to eat and my number one choice out of the places we ate! Thank you for sharing!

Di F, Owner at Starfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you :) We appreciate the support and review.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

What a great concept...a non-profit educational restaurant where you give donation for your meal. Delicious shrimp cakes. A must dine at if in area.

Di F, Owner at Starfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Everyone at our table selected different entrees. Each sectional came from the lunch special selection. We also had a spring roll to start this amazing lunch. Oh so yummy!!! We selected the cheesecake with blueberries to top of the superb lunch. Perfection!!!! We would all return to this restaurant in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Di F, Owner at Starfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you! We are grateful for your support!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

10 out of 5! I completely understand why they are rated so high! My fiancé and I are from here but we always eat at the same place so we decided to look on here. We saw that the Starfish Cafe was rated #1 so we figured we would give it a shot. The moment you walk in you are greeted with a friendly smile. The staff is all super sweet. We got the shrimp cakes as an app, I ordered the California Style Burger and my fiancé got the tuna filet salad, for dessert we got the peach cheesecake and the chocolate mousse pie. I have tried tuna steak plenty of times and I have NEVER liked it. My fiancé made me try it because he said "this one is different. You will like it." I ended up making him switch me meals! I literally do not have one tiny complaint about any of our experience! We will be back!! ❤️❤️❤️

Di F, Owner at Starfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017