“Good Mexican offering at a reasonable price”
Review of El Maguey

El Maguey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We found most of the typical Mexican offerings on the menu. My wife chose the enchiladas rancheras while I had the vegetariano Mexico Viejo (which was grilled vegetables served fajita style with a cheese sauce.) Dinner was accompanied by the usual chips and salsa to which we added a small margarita each. The food was good and servings were ample. I was pleased that the Mexican background music was kept at a level that allowed conversation. Decor is well done in a Mexican vein. I would return.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We really enjoyed our food and the atmosphere of El Maguey. A variety of vegetarian options suit my needs well. My husband enjoyed his combination plate of tacos and enchiladas with rice and beans. AWESOME margaritas on the rocks!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is much better than your run-of-the-mill Mexican restaurant. Lots of choices and well prepared food.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My husband and I stop here often for a cool, comfortable, tasty Mexican treat. We love the guacamole, the tamales and the fajitas. I really like the fact that you can create your own combinations and mix and match. We've never tried any of the drinks, so I can comment on those. There's also a nice patio and it's fun to see the large planters filled with a variety of growing peppers.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This restaurant has been open for awhile, to our taste, we have seen it go from good to bad and back again. We recently revisited it and to our delight found it very good. It has a new manager that is present all the time, the wait staff is always helpful and there is just a very nice, friendly atmosphere. We now go on a regular basis and feel it is by far the best Mexican restaurant in the area.