“Best food!”

Cannella
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: German, Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This is a small European style restaurant. Limited seating and staff make for an intimate experience. Traditional meals from Germany and Italy are offered. Menu may change due to availability.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious food, great German beer! Lamb shank was delicious! Unlike an other restaurant in town. Owners are fabulous people!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My husband and I have eaten at Cannella in the past and have are truly "regulars." There are very few items on the menu that we haven't tried, and the German/Italian cuisine is as authentic as it gets! Tonight we each dined from the Italian side - I had the Pasta al sugo di Pomondoro, and he had the Ravioli - but before I rave about both dishes, I had my "must have" appetizer - wieners! The skin is perfect, with a "snap," and deliciously prepped with a wonderful roll and German mustard.
To top everything off, we each had a dessert - hubby had the chocolate mousse cake, and I had the Ricotta cheesecake. The slices are large enough to share, and believe me, you will not be disappointed with either!
We will be back, and we recommend getting there early -- before the chocolate mousse cake is gone!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I had one of the special's last Friday night, gorgonzola ravioli in brown butter sauce with apples and pecans and added Italian sauage. It was amazing as was the Apple strudel. It was so good we went back the next night!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We have been going to Cannella's since they opened, it is one of our favorite places to go back to. It is small, comfortable, affordable and quiet, usually lovely music in the background. There were four of us the other evening. We arrived with our own wine, (they do serve a red or white) and settled at a table in the corner. The specials for the day are on a blackboard and the server brought us the regular menu, even though we go often, it is always hard to decide what to choose - German or Italian tonight? We all chose something different with a large caprese salad and a basket of bruchetta.to share. After dinner we were very content, but our server asked about dessert and we were tempted - thank goodness, because we had the best pistachio gelato this side of Italy. The four of us met up a few days later and all agreed that our evening was one of nicest, most pleasant evenings in a long time.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Looking for something different in bay st louis this is the place. Absolutely one of the best places for dinner or lunch. Not a place to rush in and out. Take your time enjoy the meal and save room for dessert.
Small but cozy.
Butternut squash ravioli - my favorite.