“Good food. Great service. ”

200 North Beach Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
200 North Beach Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 12 - USD 36
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 200 North Beach Restaurant was birthed after Katrina by Ms Ann Tidwell and her family. Local Residents helped to restore the historic Echo building on the Gulf Coast scenic byway. The walls are adorned with old photographs as precious to local's as the bead board walls. 200 North Beach is known for serving fresh Gulf seafood, tender steaks and homestyle dishes in a warm atmosphere where guests are treated just like family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good selection. Flavors were great. Our server was very helpful and gracious. Key lime pie was good just not big portion.

Vicky B, Owner at 200 North Beach Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your business! We're glad we lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Four friends (including me) had six drinks (alcoholic), one appetizer (shared), four main dishes, and three desserts (shared). The total was about $160 before tip. The service (Jenn, I think), the ambiance (an old newspaper building, I think), and the cuisine were very good. This restaurant is not cheap, but it is usually worth its tariffs.

1  Thank aferry
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a family birthday gathering and stopped in for lunch. The Seafood Sampler was our choice and gave us an opportunity to try several of the fresh seafood options. We were so impressed by the quality and service that we returned later in the week for the Chilean Seabass special and smoked tuna.
Will definitely return the next time I am in the BSL area.

Vicky B, Owner at 200 North Beach Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thanks so much! We can't wait to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We happened in here after we had chosen Trapani's and could not get anyone to say boo and we left. We were greeted immediately and seated then promptly met by our waitress Lindsey with a smile. We settled on Onion Rings for a starter which were perfectly cooked and not greasy. I had the Soy Ginger glazed Ahi Tuna with risotto and spinach. It could have not been better very fresh and delicious and you could taste the individual flavors as some places just think salt is a flavor. Very good. My companion had the 12 oz Ribeye which was also very flavorful and tasty. We finished off with a shared Creme Brulee that was make with perfection by someone who has great skill. Very good! The atmosphere of the old Echo Newspaper building has retained it character and it could tell many stories from hurricanes Camile and Katrina I'm sure. I loved the fact they reused some of the old floors to line the walls and columns of the restaurant. Our waitress Lindsey made the entire experience complete with her great service with a smile, wonderful conversation and accommodating manner. Many thanks to her for turning our evening around and making our last night in BSL a wonderful note to leave on. 10 Stars**********

Vicky B, Owner at 200 North Beach Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks so much! We can't wait to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

I've made a list of restaurants I want to try. Tonight was 200 North Beach. Hostess greeted us in a very friendly manner, showed us to our table. Waitress took our drink order, which was brought out in very timely manner. Happy Hour -- drinks were slightly cheaper. We ordered the Chargrilled Oysters as an appetizer -- and because it was still Happy Hour, we got them for half price. Took our meal order -- I debated between pasta and steak. So, I ordered the Seafood Pasta Ann and my husband ordered the Ribeye. The oysters were outstanding. We're partial to Drago's in NO, but now we have found a new place -- 200 North Beach. They were delicious.(next time here, these oysters may be my main meal) Our entrees arrived and again, we were not disappointed. The steak was cooked perfectly and the pasta was awesome. Compliments to the cook. Our waitress was very attentive. She suggested dessert, but we had run out of room. LOL We have guests coming in for Cruisin the Coast and we will definitely bring them here. I'd love to experience eating outside, when the temperature isn't 100 degrees. Perhaps in the winter. I know for sure we will definitely dine here again.

Thanks a lot! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again!