“Wonderful Experience”

Cuisines: Armenian
Description: Inside the Silver Slipper Casino
Description: Inside the Silver Slipper Casino
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We've eaten at the Blue Bayou at least 5 times in the past. Last night we had seven people, one of whom was celebrating his 70th birthday. All of us, with one exception, ordered off the Vibe menu. For $24.95 you get bread with various olive oils, a salad, entrée with veggies, a glass of house wine and a dessert. All seven thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I ordered the twin pork chops without bones. That meal, have ordered it at least 3 times in the past, is the best pork that I've ever eaten; suggest you try this if you've never eaten it before. The server, can't remember his name, was attentive and provided excellent service. My only "complaint" is that you have to walk through the entire casino to get to the restaurant. Even though the casino obviously has an air filtration system, all of us found it quite smokey in the casino area. There's no smoking in the restaurant itself. We will definitely return in the future.

SilverSlipperCasino, Public Relations Manager at Blue Bayou Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Pogo4500, thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear your group had an excellent experience in our Blue Bayou restaurant. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Try the rib eye steaks, the grilled lobster with steak is soooo good. The blue cheese salad dressing is wonderful.
Servers are all very good and attentive.

Thank you for the stellar review Ginger213! We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Blue bayou is a restaurant inside the Silver Slipper casino and while it might be a little bit out of the way everything I've tried there has been spectacular! I have tried fried and broiled crab claws, crab dip, filet mignon, stuffed flounder, broiled grouper, and bananas foster here and all of them were perfect! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is a person playing the piano during dinner which sets a night mood. There is also an amazing view of the Gulf of Mexico and the marsh at the end of the seawall. If you want an amazing experience with both food and service you must go here.

SilverSlipperCasino, Public Relations Manager at Blue Bayou Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi green_ied_devil. Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased you enjoy your experience at Blue Bayou each time you visit. We hope to have you as our guest again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I have returned to this restaurant twice since my first review thinking, perhaps, the first server was just having a bad day. Apparently not. On both occasions since then, the service was terrible, which is a shame because the food is excellent. I can only assume it is because my meals were comped. The final time I visited, and I do mean the final time, the service was so bad I asked to speak with the manager, only to be told there was no manager on duty!! On a Saturday night. In a fully booked restaurant. Once I was seated, it took 20 minutes for the server to acknowledge me. I thought I was going to have to trip him to get his attention. When I eventually was allowed to order, I was given the wrong appetizer and had to send it back. Then another 15 minutes ensued before the correct appetizer was served. My lobster entree arrived and the lobster had not been removed from its shell. When I asked my server if he could please do this, he smirked, made a flip comment and walked away. By this time, I had decided enough was enough and asked to speak with the manager who, apparently was not there. I left without eating the meal. If you are going to charge high-end prices, you need to have high-end service and this place falls woefully short. The Silver Slipper falls short in the customer service department in so many areas that I have decided to take my casino business elsewhere. There are much better options from which to choose. Try this restaurant if you are not comped. The food is excellent and the service may be better.

Hi Sheryl S. Thank you for sending your feedback. I have sent this information to our Food & Beverage staff to address the problem you've had in the past. Silver Slipper strives to have the best food and best service anywhere on the Gulf Coast and I truly apologize that you have not had that experience! While we do not serve the whole lobster special preshelled, I can certainly find out if that can be an option in the future. And I apologize for a lack of communication regarding management - we always have a manager on duty while Blue Bayou is open. Please be assured that this will be handled internally so we do not have these problems again. Once again, I apologize for your less than stellar experience and I hope you reconsider visiting us again in the future and give us a chance to really impress you. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My wife and I have eaten at the Blue Bayou a number of times now, and we have enjoyed it thoroughly each time. The food is cooked to perfection, and is always fabulous. The wait staff is fantastic!

2  Thank tazgmh
SilverSlipperCasino, Public Relations Manager at Blue Bayou Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Hi tazgmh! Thank you for your review of our Blue Bayou Bar & Grill. We are so pleased that you always enjoy your dining experience with us! We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you!