Lowest prices for your stay
AU$144
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
AU$139
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews kings cross room was clean limited number bus stop location is excellent handy location tea and coffee easy access the air conditioning main road included breakfast is kitchen sink slices of white bread changed daily martin place microwave coles
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2023

Good, basic accommodation in a really good location for a reasonable price. The name Lodge Motel should set your expections in terms of facilities and value. I've stayed here twice and found the rooms more than adequate - ground floor rooms seemto be slightly largher than those on higher floors. I will probably stay there next time I'm in Sydney.
The rooms are clean and serviced daily. The kitchenette is small but has the expected amenities - kettle, toaster, microwave, dinner ware and cutlery - and the coffee/tea/sugar are provided in generous quantities. Breakfast is included in the price and includes bread, butter, jam, cereals, milk, and orange juice - enough to start the day well.
WiFi is free and reasonably fast.
If you enjoy walking, the location is really good - close to Rushcutters Bay, and Kings Cross is not too far. If you are up for longer walks then you can get to the botanic gardens and the opera house in less than an hour. There is a metro train station nearby for travelling further.
Parking is included in the price, and with limited spaces is on a first-come/first-served basis. Be aware that parking is awkward for larger vehicles, so be prepared for some manouvering. If you don't like paying road tolls, make sure you set your GPS accordingly - Sydney has a lot of toll roads/tunnels.

Room tip: Parking spaces are limited - claim yours early.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2023

Our week stay at Edgecliff Lodge was great. Location is excellent; just a short trip to the city by bus (across the road from the Motel), by train (a short walk to Edgecliff Station) or by ferry (a pleasant walk to Double Bay wharf or Darling Point).
Our room was comfortable with all the facilities we required. It was quiet, overlooking the neighbouring gardens. Our bathroom was newly renovated and the shower hot water was excellent. The supplied continental breakfast was ideal. The individual air-conditioning of our room was very good, enhanced with the ability to open both windows. Wi-Fi was great.
The service we received from Tiffany at the reception was second to none. She went out of her way to welcome us and make our stay comfortable.
Room service was good with cleaning and fresh towels every day (except for one day). We had some issues with the delivery of our breakfast for a couple of days (which was remedied by Tiffany and her associate without any trouble).
We thoroughly recommend this accommodation for a short or longer stay – it is certainly good value for accommodation of this standard.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2023

PROS: Great location, decent sized room & onsite although limited & tight, carparking at no additional cost.

perfect for short walk to local trains, buses etc & only 8 minute walk from Kings Cross.

CONS:
Service was poor, I originally booked online to pay onsite & called them 1 week before arrival asking to change credit card on file as I wanted to pay with different method, advised me that’s fine, just hand them the card on checking & they will bill to that card.

young guy on front desk when arrived, I handed him ,y photo ID & my Credit card advising to charge it, half hour later I checked my balances to see the idiot billed my original card on file instead of the credit card I handed him, nothing we could do now my debit card had been charged, I had to use my CC for everything instead.

Room service was non-existent. Website states daily housekeeping. I stayed 3 nights, first day, came back to find no house keeping done, around 5.30pm I heard a noise outside the door to find a bag full of fresh towels dumped off for me, then 20 minutes later a lady turned up to check my breakfast supplies & top that up.

Day 2 was similar except housekeeping came in & changed towels, still no actual cleaning done in room

& this although not the Motels fault was the lack of respect from some guests. I took lift back down to ground floor & as door opened & I went to exit, a group of 3 women just barged in before I could get out, total lack of manners. They did same on my return as I exited on my floor to which I yelled at them for being so blatantly rude.

on the Last night, I arrived back around 930pm, again no housekeeping. Went to heat up some pizza in microwave which I had not used my entire stay to find a plate in the oven with a dry piece of garlic bread, obviously House keeping have no idea of how to clean an apartment before people stay or during their stay.

Last thing is lack of security on the lift. Anyone can use the lift to whatever floor they want

After all this, I returned home & the day after I left this motel I had my first ever positive test to Covid. Not saying it was due to this motel because I went to many places but with the unhygienic state of my room (Old food in microwave) and lack of housekeeping, one wonders how they made it through COIVD

complained re all this to no avail, never received any calls or email apologies from management, disappointing & would not recommend

Room tip: Price was great for location & included parking, but unfortunmately the lack of service / housekeeping made this Budget low par
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2023

I have to write a good thing only about the location. Besides that, it was a real mess of stay. Bed was not done properly. Stains on pillow. Rude front desk clerk who should have a job as prison guard.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 5471Ir_ene
Reviewed 31 January 2023

I'll start with the very few cons about this motel and finish with the substantial pros:

Cons: This motel looks a bit shabby on the outside, and the furnishings in my room were old particleboard and showed signs of swelling at the edges presumably from Sydney's high humidity. The TV wasn't a smart TV. There was no in-room safe that I could see.

Pros: The charge for the room was very reasonable, especially for Australia Day weekend. The bed was comfortable, the sheets and towels clean and changed daily. The room was clean and the bathroom spotless. The included breakfast is (two servings of each if a couple has booked the room): A variety of Kellogg cereal packets (I'm sure you could probably request specific types if you want), milk, two slices of white bread, butter and jam. My room had a toaster, microwave, kettle, kitchen sink and dishes, glasses and cutlery. The air conditioning was excellent and modern. My room (ground floor at the back of the parking lot) was remarkably quiet given the motel's location on a main road. The motel also held my bags cheerfully in their office after we had checked out so we could tour around before our flight. There are a limited number of free parking spots for guests (not reserved). The motel is centrally located, five minute walk from shops including a Coles and Aldi, Pharmacy and Edgecliff Metro Station. It's a two minute walk to a bus stop towards Watson's Bay or to the CBD in the other direction.

Bottom line: The staff here were very attentive, far beyond the looks of this motel. This is a good value option for people who want to stay along the Bondi line but would prefer not to be at Kings Cross. It was actually cheaper than private rooms in many hostels around town. They do cut corners to keep the price low (old furniture) but it's a good tradeoff. I would definitely stay again.

Pro tip: Try to secure a room facing the back of the building to avoid traffic noise.

Room tip: Rooms facing the rear of the motel are surprisingly quiet.
Date of stay: January 2023