“Food was good, but service was not.”
Review of Sushi Tango

Sushi Tango
Ranked #68 of 108 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Went here for lunch after noticing a bunch of other places around were packed. There was only one other table filled in the place when we were seated. We ordered quickly, and my salad came out almost right away, but it went downhill from there. There were only chopsticks at the table, not silverware. Waitress did not come back, so I finally had to get up, go to her (she was only one on staff) and ask for it. When our meals came, they were both very good (California rolls and bulgogi). However, the wonton that was supposed to be an appetizer never came, so I had to ask for it at the end of our meal. We had to stuff them down quickly, as we needed to leave at that point.

1  Thank tmazionsmith

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We stopped in for an early dinner. The place is pretty easy to find in the Tamarack Village facing Radio Dr in the JC Penney strip mall area. We were seated right away in the dining room which was decorated simply with red and black decor. Nice, clean and simple. Two TV's are mounted across the back wall above the service area/bar/sushi bar with sports on. Drinks were brought right away and the server was very attentive. We ordered some rolls to share and all were delicious. I loved the Vegas roll. Prices were reasonable for the area but we were there during happy hour so we saved a little by coming in early. Certainly nothing fancy, but good service and good food will bring us back.

1  Thank OnlyMeDSW
Reviewed 23 September 2016

I've been here a few times, and reviewed on Trip Advisor. I'm just always amazed at the quality of the food in this strip mall, hidden gem. It's nothing fancy inside- but it's clean. Evenings seem to be their specialty. The Vegas Roll and the Hot Wheels are always our picks. SO GOOD!

The veggie tempura appetizer is also a favorite. I've only had one visit with not so great service. I did try a take out order once - just not the same experience.

1  Thank Shannon J
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Great food! Mixed of Japanese and Southeast asian food. Great customer services and owner. The owner is always friendly with customers and interact with them. He always offer free drinks to his customers. Always busy at dinner time.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

I went here for a late lunch and the place was practically deserted. I ordered the lunch portion of Shrimp Tempura ($11) and a glass of Carmenet Chardonnay ($7).

I was able to pick where I wanted to sit, which was nice, and my server was very nice and attentive (it says "Kang" on the receipt). She did a really nice job.

The Shrimp Tempura was soggy. There is no excuse for soggy tempura.

The inside of the restaurant needs some work. There are chunks of paint missing. The walls are splashed with food that needs to be cleaned off; the front windows need to be cleaned on the inside (food splashes).

Been to Sushi Tango? Share your experiences!