“A favorite”

Sushi Tango
Ranked #68 of 108 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 9 March 2015

I recently moved to the Woodbury area and came across Sushi Tango completely by accident. I thought "sushi, in a strip mall.....really?" Went in and had a great experience. I was surprised there was a bar. I've taken the same friend there 4 times. We always get the Vegas and Hot Wheel rolls. The tempura veggies are fabulous. I've only had one bad service experience there and that was a separate trip with my daughter. I actually like the sushi here better than Osaka.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

Seriously.. leave sushi to the innovative.
My experience was horrible. First time I went there was with a bunch of family. Took 30 min to get even our first glass of water and over an hour to get eggrolls. Mind you we were the only customers there. We were starting to wonder if we should even order food if the eggrolls took that long. We ended up wasting our time and ordered food which left us hungry still. I vowed never to go again, however my kid sister had a birthday and really wanted to try it out. Big mistake yet again. Same issue. Worst service ever.
It's a strip mall for christ sakes. Please specialize in cheaper sushi at more affordable prices if u suck so bad. Cub foods makes better sushi and u get it right away. There are so many bad things I could say, I love supporting asian resturants but this place def is on my reject list.

2  Thank dpsp80
Reviewed 6 July 2014

So we figured we try a place that had a reduced happy hour menu, well like they say you pay for what you get. This place was clean from the stand point of the tables and plates/glassware. But here are the three main points of why we will never visit this establishment again. 1) The noise level with people at the sushi bar was very loud, it doesn't help the design of the large seating room has no sound proofing but it’s a strip mall location. 2) The services was not great, (30 minutes) for four sushi rolls, our server (Eddie) was not that attentive but observing the wait staff it appeared they were always running in to the kitchen and back and forth but not really bringing any entrée or main courses. It appeared to be the kitchen and we arrived at 9 p.m. and the place wasn't packed. 3) The sushi was the worst we have ever had. DRY DRY DRY… The seaweed was dry and the rice was dry. If the sushi was good quality the service and noise level could be forgotten but this was not the case. So happy hour special ($35), you get what you pay. Will stick to our two favorites in town, OBENTO-YA and BAGU SUSHI both are equally top quality sushi.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stopped here when driving by on our way out of state. The place was busy as a March Madness game was on that night. When we walked in, we took the one available table and saw that there were two large parties, one of about and the other of about 15, already seated. It looked like they already had food and drinks. We had three in our party. I received my soup and my aunt received her spring rolls in a timely manner. However, we did not receive our sushi rolls until about one hour later. At about the 45 minute waiting mark, we asked where our food was (we had been talking and then realized how much time had passed). At that time we were told they were about to start rolling our rolls. Wow. That's just not acceptable, even for a busy night. About 15 - 20 minutes later we received them. The hostess should have told us before we were seated that the chefs were running an hour or more behind on getting orders out. The food was about average for sushi. If I were in the area again, I would eat there again, but only if there were very few other people in the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

So my boyfriend always goes to extremes when it comes to me. If I told him I liked a fish in a pond, he'd probably jump in the pond to get it. Anyway, he knows I like spicy food...I grew up in a Laotion family and we ate straight Thai peppers all the time. Well I stayed in one Friday night after working all day, I hadn't had much to eat. He called Sushi Tango and from the other room I heard him say "give me the spiciest chicken fried rice you can make!" Tired and hungry, I went to Sushi Tango to pick up my food. I drove all the way back home, took one bite of the fried rice and my mouth literally felt like it caught on fire. The fried rice was laced with the hottest Thai peppers and dried pepper seasoning. I called them back asking for a new one, I think the bartender was a little hesitant to provide me a new one. Still tired, hungry, and now a little pissed off...I went back to Sushi Tango to get a replacement. I got there and all the servers apologized and it was absolutely sincere. I really appreciate that kind of service. Though, I know they know that chicken fried rice was not even edible. The rest of the food was absolutely phenomenal. 5 stars for service, but never ever challenge an Asian to make "THE spiciest" anything.

Been to Sushi Tango? Share your experiences!