“Peaceful, beautiful farm stay!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Briggs Farm

The barn and outbuildings as seen from one of the surrounding bluffs in late fall.
The farmhouse has three bedrooms, a front porch, a deck (not visible), and a patio. The front yard offers plenty of room for gatherings or games.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The front yard offers plenty of room for gatherings or games.
The dining room looks out on a bird feeding station, and the farmyard.
The master bedroom features a queen-size bed; the doors open onto the deck and patio.
The deck offers a great view of Cedar Valley, as well as of our outdoor wood-fired oven.
The modern kitchen is stocked with everything you need, from microwave to dishwasher.
The second bedroom, upstairs, features a queen-size bed and a twin bed.
The third bedroom, on the second level, features two twin beds. All linens are included.
An antique bureau in the upstairs bedroom.
The view from the front porch in early spring, just as things are greening up.
Briggs Farm includes some 15 miles of trails suitable for hiking or back-country skiing.
The living room opens onto the deck and patio.
A view of the farmhouse early on a fall morning.
A green field in mid-spring, with Sanctuary Ridge in the background.
We host events, too, including weddings.
The view from one of our bluff-top trails, overlooking Cedar Valley, and a little country church
A view of the barn in the fall; the colors can be magnificent.
Our wood-fired oven in action.
We raise grass-fed beef cattle, which are growth hormone and antibiotic free.
Located between three Audubon-designated Important Bird Areas, our farm is great for birding.
Kids enjoy exploring the farm and the surrounding blufflands.
Morel  mushrooms grow around here in the spring.
Our extensive trail system makes for great back-country skiing.
Our family enjoys just hiking through the bluffs.
The farm was started in the 1800s by Norwegian immigrants; many of the original buildings remain.
A great shot of the woods on our 500-acre property.
Barbed wire waiting to be strung.
A wood-burning stove in the living room . . . perfect for cold Minnesota nights!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ciolson90
Madison, Wisconsin
“Peaceful, beautiful farm stay!”
Reviewed 18 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This farm, nestled in the hills of Winona, MN was the perfect place for my mom, sister, and our 4 girls to stay. The dogs and cat welcomed us, and we had fun putzing around the farm and Winona for a weekend! The girls shut the chickens in at night and wandered around the farm in the dark, which is big adventure for city girls!
Thanks, Steve and Susan, for the delicious eggs and great hospitality!

mmmaring
Bayreuth, Germany
“Amazing Venue!”
Reviewed 9 May 2017 for a stay in August 2016

Last August my husband and I held our wedding at the Brigg's Farm after my now in-laws attended a foraging class on the grounds. It was a perfect location for a farm venue, and Steve Briggs was really great to work with and accommodating to help make our vision become a reality. He is connected with Winona businesses and was helpful in referring us for our tent rentals, potties, etc. Steve also made the pizza's in his wood-fired outdoor oven for the rehearsal dinner, and they were amazing. One of the best parts is the peace and privacy (the nearest neighbors are quite far down the road and the highway is miles away, though bus-able to nearby hotels, which our guests enjoyed). We loved being surrounded by the beauty and nature of rural Minnesota.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
jcmeierho...
Ashland, Wisconsin
“fall sister trip”
Reviewed 22 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We are five adult sisters and had a nice visit at Briggs farm. It probably helped that we grew up in a rural setting. The pizza oven was amazing and the owner let us use it with just a tutorial as it was all fired up from an earlier event. The place was clean where it mattered, bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchen but it was pretty rustic and cluttered, somewhat disorganized but not lacking in anything. The flies were annoying but it is a farm after all. It helps if you like dogs and chickens and cows and sheep. But it is a farm after all. I like that the price was the price , except for tax. Many other places I looked at in the area had so many add-ons that the base price per night nearly tripled. We visited the Minnesota Marine Museum and enjoyed the fall color. Relaxing, no TV no internet,no noise.

Travelling group: Extended Family
mpmoore1
Owatonna, Minnesota
“What a delightful place to stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed at the farm for 4 nights as our son was getting married in Winona and we wanted to have some time to unwind and relax as much as we could. We also had our grooms dinner out at the farm for a relatively small group - 20 people. Steve and his son Carter made pizzas for us in the brick oven and we had fantastic pizza and played some yard games. Our entire experience at the farm was super. We enjoyed the beautiful bluff scenery, watched the sheep and cows (with their babies) graze, watched the chickens roam the grounds and of course had plenty of interaction with the big white dogs, Bruce and Sammy along with Tiger the orange cat! We slept well and were very comfortable in the farm house. We enjoyed ourselves so much we have talked about returning! Thanks Steve!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was secured but not far removed, andI was able to get cellular reception for my phone and iPad.
Liked least: I had to get back to work.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jane G
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“I will be going back”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This is exactly what I needed. I live here in the cities twin cities & needed to just get away from it all for a moment. i went with my boyfriend and stayed new years eve. I could have planned a little better with food because it was about a 20 minute ride into Winona to get supplies.
The house was very charming and we had the option of the wood stove or turning the thermostat up. We went with the wood stove as there was plenty of wood outside to just grab and put it in.
The house was adorable. If you want a Hilton, this is not your place. If you want real furniture you can sit on and unwind on the couch with your feet up, this IS your place. I enjoyed using the kitchen EVERYTHING utensil you could think of was there. You do share the fridge with the owners but the barely have anything in there.
If you do not like animals you should say something before you go. I love animals so I met Bruce and Sammie who are wonderful dogs. They do bark but only at things they are keeping away from the farm. They are working dogs. We went snow shoeing, plenty of them out there to use. The dogs came with and it was a joy to have them along. There was a cat too but he didn't want much to do with us. There were a lot of chicken. I kinda got freaked out but called Sammie over and he got them away for me. There are Cows & Sheep too but they are in there fences.
We never did see the owner but he did text to see if we needed anything but we didn't. The bed was comfy and they left out extra blankets for us. We stayed on the main floor but the were to more bedrooms upstairs. The claw-foot tub was AMAZING! I took 3 baths in 24 hours. The property is located in a valley so the view were great. I used the directions to the church to find the property so it was not hard at all. I cannot wait to go back again but this time stay longer!

P.s. There are no keys for the property but you do not need them. I would feel comfortable leaving anything of mine in there unlocked. It is a country road. It's safe and reminded me of being a kid when we didn't have to lock doors.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace & quiet
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing