“Excellent experience! ”

Pickwick Inn
Ranked #58 of 90 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Group of us wanted to experience this place based on the location/historic significance, and after looking at reviews, weren't expecting a great deal. Wow! Did we get blown away!

The food for all four of us was FANTASTIC! Grilled shrimp---PERFECT! Ribeye! Perhaps the best I've ever had! The meat was flavorful, tender, perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth. Nice little salad bar with perfect amount of items... all well done, and drinks were perfect. Price? Can't beat it!

The locals were more than friendly guiding us to a parking spot as we drove in, and the staff were all smiles, real and delightful. All of the best waterfall/cascade visuals were taken, but from our seats, you could feel the cool breeze and the sounds of the waterfall, feet away, serenade us throughout the entire meal.

Based on our experience, you can ignore every negative review you've read on here because this was a top notch experience --- not 5 star dining, but I'd take the excellent food, waterfall, prices and friendly staff over 5 star any day; we will be back again, and again!

2  Thank Ken R

Reviewed 21 April 2016

New owner is working hard to make a great place of this....giving him the benefit of the doubt. Eaten here twice since his 2nd opening. Food has been so so but I am not going to complain-will keep trying! Service is great, bartenders nice...prices cant be beat. Waiting for them to get up to speed and try them again! We need this little gem in Pickwick...supporting locals!

1  Thank LindaJean16
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We visited the Pickwick Inn on April 1st 2016.
The food tasted like they cleaned out there fridge and warmed up a few leftovers. Chicken was only legs. Chicken and ham were dry. The fish tasted like the fish you get out of boxes from the frozen food aisle of the grocery store and put under warming lights to thaw. They were out of the ribs when we were there, but based on everything else, we didn't miss anything.
I think it's a place for the locals to hang out after work and if you aren't a regular in there you don't fit in.
But after all, it was April Fools Day and I guess the joke was on us.
Needless to say, we won't be going back.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 4 November 2015

There was an article in a local newspaper about the Pickwick Inn reopening. This place has been around a long time, and has gone through a few owners. The new owner took out the carpet and took it down to the concrete floor --- which he refinished. He has really cleaned up this place ..... in the past it was some place that appeared to always need a good cleaning. It was Thursday night, and they had ribs on special .... very tender and well done. It is not often that you can find decent ribs in a place that is not a "rib joint". Several friends have also gone to this restaurnt and they also enjoyed their meals. The present menu is not real extensive ..... they have chicken, steaks, fish and burgers ..... I chatted with the new owner. He is trying different items and if they go over well, he is keeping them on the menu .... a sound business decision. Why offer something, if no one orders it. Try this "new" restaurant in a very beautiful location ..... you won't be disapointed.

3  Thank BeenHereManyTimes
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband and I ate here and it was no prize. The food is well below average. I had the fish and it was like falling out of a jacket. The batter was too thick and the fish was raw inside. My husband had a burger that was overcooked and dry. His bun was slightly burned on the edges. The food was better to eat in the dark than in the light if you ask me. The only redeeming quality is it was a nice place with a view and that is all it had going sans the local company.

2  Thank Alice T

Been to Pickwick Inn? Share your experiences!