“Better to Eat in the Dark”
Review of Pickwick Inn

Pickwick Inn
Ranked #58 of 90 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 September 2015

My husband and I ate here and it was no prize. The food is well below average. I had the fish and it was like falling out of a jacket. The batter was too thick and the fish was raw inside. My husband had a burger that was overcooked and dry. His bun was slightly burned on the edges. The food was better to eat in the dark than in the light if you ask me. The only redeeming quality is it was a nice place with a view and that is all it had going sans the local company.

2  Thank Alice T

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Beautiful space, no menu, no food. The bartenders stood around and talked to regulars while waited to be served. Not much parking either.

6  Thank Klutch G
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink with a local and he said the place just reopened not that long ago. It's a sweet little bar in the middle of nowhere with a spectacular view of the river with a cool waterfall. They just started serving food again. We did not eat so I can't tell you how the food was. I wish I had a cool bar like this by my house as I would visit quite frequently.

1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great food.beautiful veiw nice people, great service.And I hear they are remodeling.Can't wait to go back this summer.,

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The waterfall was great. The physical plant of the restaurant needs some attention. It's a bit on the shabby side. The carpet on the floor should be replaced with a nice wood floor OR at the very least, have a good deep steam cleaning. We had heard from friends that the Pickwick Inn Restaurant was making a turn around, so we decided to give it a try. I had the Cod Fish Special ... it tasted like they just took pre-battered cod fillets and dropped them in a deep fat fryer. The batter was a bit tough. The waitress asked me how my meal was ..... I said, "A bit below average", then she walked away ..... no effort to resolve the bad meal. My wife had the salmon - she said , " It was OK, but not near as nice as another restaurant just down the road. Until we hear that things have greatly improved ... we won't be dining here again.

3  Thank BeenHereManyTimes

Been to Pickwick Inn? Share your experiences!