Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Quality matched price. Room was fine. Staff were very personable, they really were one of the best attributes of the hotel. Breakfast was underwhelming. Beds were decent, although pillows were way too thick! Overall I was happy with what was provided.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay & Karen C
Lyn S, General Manager at Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Jay & Karen C,
Thank you for the compliment about the staff here at Riverport! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope you choose us in the future. Have a wonderful fall weekend.

There are newer reviews for Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center

Reviewed 3 October 2016

After reading some of the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect when checking in. I did not experience any of the negative customer service problems mentioned by other reviewers. Everyone was courteous especially the woman running the breakfast buffet - she was on top of everything, keeping things running smoothly and smiling and acknowledging you while working!

The room itself was a little musty smelling and could use updating. The towels were a little worn (strings hanging off one of them). We stayed in a whirlpool room and the stopper in the whirlpool bath did not work so no whirlpool. We didn't complain as it wasn't a big deal to us, shower worked fine. WIFI worked fine.

Location is close to the University and right next to a Target, Subway and there is a bar attached to the hotel.

We would stay here again if we could not get a room at our preferred hotel in Winona.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Lyn S, General Manager at Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Elms4,
Thank you for the review and the positive feedback. Our breakfast hostess absolutely goes above and beyond as does the rest of the staff here.
We would love to be your new preferred hotel so if you could give me a call or email I would love to know what room you were in so we can make improvements.
507-452-0606 or riverportinn@hbci.com and once again thank you for your feedback I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

My job has afforded me to stay at many hotels through the years. Let me tell you folks this hotel is refreshing in so many ways. Clean appearance outside and inside. Friendly hotel staff with a feeling of being "home away from home". The clean beds are very comfy with soft linens. A leather sofa and chair to enjoy a flat screen. The swimming pool has sparkling clear water. In the morning on the 2nd floor you're able to enjoy a wonderful complimentary breakfast in a clean spacious area. Thank you Riverport Inn for all the work you do to make this hotel a refreshing stayover.

Room Tip: target side general has the quieter rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S

Dear Tom S,
Thank you for the postive feedback! We are happy you are our guest and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean. The Inn could use a little updating. Was a little difficult to find due to road construction. I thought since this was an old river town it would be quaint. It has a store behind it, gas stations around it. This was my first room I have ever reserved on the first floor near the pool. Never do that again. Noisy. The in room whirlpool was a cool idea but small. I thought my husband and I could have a romantic night. Too small for me alone. Made the room very humid.

Room Tip: Do not get a poolside room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The room with the 59 Chevy smelled musty and sheets always felt damp.The front desk blamed it on wet sheets being put on the bed but they felt this way both nights of our stay. The jacuzzi had a blown fuse before using it which tells me its not safe to begin with. We had bugs in the room because they came in under the room door. All it needed was a door sweep to keep them out. The front desk person said she was not familiar with the rooms because she was never in them. Really!!! Room was remodeled which was the only good thing and the novelty of sleeping in a car was ok.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary S
Lyn S, General Manager at Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

I am so glad we had a chance to talk before you checked out. I understand the 3 out of ten rating and I once again apologize for your experince here at the Riverport. I hope you give us another chance if you ever come back to Winona.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
0.5 km away
36.0 km away
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
39.0 km away
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse

Been to Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center? Share your experiences!