See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I chose Sakatah Bay Resort because I wanted to experience being on that lovely lake again after an absence from Waterville for many decades. It didn't disappoint! The owners were friendly and made sure that I was comfortable and had what I needed. I loved watching the ducks and geese on the lake during the day, and the quiet ambience of the place at night. Reminded me of a rustic fishing lodge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mjroe2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The rooms here are quite small, but they do have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot in a kitchenette area separated from the bedroom so that when I wake up early, my wife can sleep in without me disturbing her. So when I woke up, I made some coffee and then stepped out the back door and sat and looked over the lake. Saw a loon Sunday morning on the lake & watched the birds feed in the back yard also. We enjoyed our stay very much & the owners are exceptionally nice people. The Hilton it is not, but friendly mom & pop resort on the lake, it is!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom v
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Recently stayed here as we were desperate for a place that would be convenient to our reunion. What looked like a swamp in the backyard turned out to be a haven for nature and provided a show right outside the door.

The room was small but very clean. It had the basic necessities plus a small refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was tiny but it had a clean, hot shower and that's all we needed.

Coffee was available nearby at the Casey's convenience store. There is also a restaurant/bar next door to the motel.

The owners live in the motel and this guarantees no noisy disturbances from other guests. They provide a fire pit and firewood for the guests. There are lots of chairs and a swing to sit on. There is a small dock to walk out of try fishing and we saw lots of fish jumping up. There is also a big sand box area for kids to play with lots of sand related toys.

I am happy that we gave this place a try and look forward to planning another trip to the area for fall colors.

Room Tip: The motel has a variety of accommodations from a two bedroom apartment with a huge deck and lakeview to a small room suitable for one person. Half of the rooms face the lake and the other half face the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends