“Friendly with Large Selection of Mexican Food”

El Molino Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Waseca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We ate here with a fairly large group and the service was excellent. The restaurant was busy; other large groups and parties were going on, yet our server was always attentive. The food was good; my husband wasn't as happy with his as I was with mine, but I would definitely return.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My first time here. I was expecting it to be at least an average Mexican restaurant, and with the ratings I see here, I thought it would be better than average. Yawn. Bland, basic interior. service was fairly quick and they were fairly attentive. Not rude, but not friendly, either. The food was OK, again - no different than any other "authentic"-style place, and definitely not as good as a handful of others in the Owatonna-Waseca-Mankato area. The prices aren't too bad, but a tad on the high side for a basic, "authentic" place like this.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

El Molino is one of the best Mexican restaurants at which I have eaten! A local favorite, the place is often full to capacity, but it's worth the wait. The Steak Poblano is AMAZING! The owner also own's Oscar's American Cafe, just down the road by Hy-Vee. Also a great place to eat :) If you are in town, you MUST eat here, at least once!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Fabulous food. Fair prices. The carnitas were one of the best I have had. Service was excellent! We will be back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Recently relocated to Southern MN from Texas, and have been searching for AUTHENTIC Mexican food... finally found it at El Molino! My husband and I both had the steak fajitas. The meat was actually grilled, not stewed like most places up here do it. Flavors were good, restaurant was clean, service was great, and the staff was very friendly. Worth the drive from Mankato. We will only be coming here for Mexican food in the future!