“80% Great Meal ”

Lacasita Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Waite Park
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We dined here on a Saturday night and it was crowded, and that's usually a good sign!
We ordered fish tacos and a chicken burrito. The burrito was BURSTING with tender grilled chicken... my daughter ordered it without any veggies, and it came with EXTRA chicken. She was thrilled. I wouldn't order the fish tacos again. It didn't taste at all like mahi mahi as advertised, and was very "fishy". It was chopped up in small pieces like fish-bits. The plate did come with a generous pile of roasted veggies and rice which was good. The salsa and chips before the meal was BEUNO!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Came in with a group of 3 and were sat immediately. Server was great, prompt and attentive. For the life of me I cannot remember her name, but if I ever decided to give this place a second chance I would definitely make sure to find and have her as a server.

We all started with a chile rellano off the ala carte menu. They were dry, bland and nothing close to any chile rellano I've had anywhere else. They were like a flat chile pancake stuffed with next to nothing, and fried in some sort of sub-par tempura-type batter. 10/10 would not order it again.

I ordered a white sangria and was highly unimpressed, and I've had many. I tasted absolutely no fruit, which I believe is a large part of a sangria, and tasted more liquor than wine. 10/10 would not order again.

As my second course I ordered the "chalupa", which turned out to be nothing more than a glorified plate of nachos. It was your typical nacho setup on top of a single round hard tortilla, set on top of a bed of lettuce and, surprise, nachos. This would have been bearable if the ground beef wasn't so dry that you could tell it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a minimum of at least 2 hours. 10/10 would not order again.

As my final plate, and probably the only good thing I ate during my visit, I had the steak fajita burrito. It was delicious. The steak was perfectly cooked, there wasn't too much filler, and all the flavors of a fajita were exactly as they should have been. Without a doubt the best plate I had during my visit. 10/10 would order again.

So in summary seating was prompt, server was on point and highly attentive, very polite and personable, but the majority of my food was hands down sub-par. Would take a lot to bring me back. 2 bad items out of 3 does not an enjoyable meal make.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We started going to La Casita in the early 90's and I had the Pollo Fundido. It's a chicken burrito with cream cheese on top and cheddar cheese on top of that. It's decadent, but delicious! The margaritas are wonderful, too!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

My wife and I were in St. Cloud recently and decided to go to lunch. We remembered a Mexican place we used to go to west on Division Street but when we got there it had changed hands/names and looked closed. Turning around and heading east we saw Lacasita and decided to give it a shot - very good choice.
It was tail end of the lunch period so there wasn't really any wait.
Our server was excellent - wish I could remember his name - prompt, courteous, efficient. Answered all of our questions including several that had nothing to do with the food or items on the menu.
We ordered from the lunch menu. An enchilada plate and Baja tacos.
Food came quickly and was very good.
I'll certainly go back.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed Margaritas and my Grilled Steak Quesadilla was exceptional. I rated them a 4 because they serve Coke products in plastic glasses. For the price I would like a glass glass. Great to see Bad Habit Brewery beer available! Enchiladas and Chalupas are good also. The salsa is fresh and unique. It is worth a visit. Service was above average.