All reviews fortune bay resort premium room king fireplace suite prime rib rv park bald eagles great golf nice resort slot machines a couple times north woods gas station walleye crab buffet beautiful lake pool and hot tub stayed two nights
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We recently spent a night at Fortune Bay Resort and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our room was outstanding and the service we received was excellent. My only regret is that I didn't bring my golf clubs, I will the next time we go. Lake Vermillion is absolutely beautiful.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
BrianKAnderson, Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Good evening:

Thank you very much for your review of our property.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you get to come back next year to try out our award-winning golf course, as well as all the activities that Lake Vermilion has to offer!

Have a great rest of the weekend and thank you again!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Came for the golf and got wowed at every turn! The entire facility if fabulous! Already have plans for next year to do it all again! Hotel, Casino and Golf were top notch, including the buffet. Prime rib, salmon, walleye and bluegill, AWESOME!! Reccomend to everyone!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for my husband's birthday in a king suite. Check-in staff very sweet. We had a great stay...our room was comfortable and quiet although a little stark. No pictures on the wall in the living room. Big tv, cozy bed; loved the keurig.

For dinner, we tried the Steakhouse....excellent! Service was quick and friendly. Steaks were tender, lobster mac n cheese and the augratin were OMG good!

We used the marina to go out fishing on our boat.....very convenient. My husband also used the golf course. He stated it was a Beautiful course and enjoyed himself.

Tried the casino and we both won around $75. The slot machines on the second level were fun.

For Breakfast, the choice was either the golf club or the buffet. We chose the golf club and had eggs, sausage
and toast. Limited menu there but we enjoyed the food and our wonderful server.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit and will be back. Great staff!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
BrianKAnderson, Director of Sales at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Good morning:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a thorough review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities while staying with us.

We'll make sure to pass along your comments to the appropriate team members.

Thanks again for your business and review.

We hope to see you again soon and happy belated birthday to your husband!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Buffet was OK, other restaurants are much better in town, the service was inattentive, even though there aren't many tables occupied. Too much creamed, cheesey foods, most other food there was fine. On the other hand, I would stay at this hotel again, clean, beautiful lobby, and plenty of comfy couches on other floors to relax in, mostly quiet hotel, hot tub very nice but attracts loud parents minding their kids in the pool, after 9:30 its usually more relaxing. Kayaking was unbelievable! One of the highlights of my trip... re: baby bald eagles and their mama, quiet side of Lake Vermillion. To The Native American at the marina who told me about the Vince Shute Bear Sanctuary after I related to you my close encounters with the baby bald eagles, I will be forever in your debt... That was also a highlight of my trip! Never before or will probably will be in the presences of so many black bears, including cubs! and if I ever go back to the North Woods again...I won't hesitate to stay here!

Stayed: July 2018
BrianKAnderson, Director of Sales at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Good morning:

Thank you very much for your review.

We are sorry that your dining experience was not better. We'll let our executive chef know about your concerns and also about our staff not being more attentive.

Thank you very much for your comments about our resort, but more importantly, recognizing the guest service provided by our marina staff!

Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I decided to stay here as we were driving northeast from Park Rapids. To our surprise they has some pricing specials for the night we were going to stay. Plus they honored my AAA discount on top of it. Mary P was quick and thorough in getting us checked in and explaining everything to us.

We found our room was updated, spacious and clean. After seeing the room and our daughter taking a dip in the pool we decided to stay a second night. We loved sitting out on the deck in the early evening. We overlooked one of the holes on the golf course too.

We used the mini refrigerator but not the microwave or Keurig. There were enough outlets and USB ports next to the bed so we could charge all of our devices at the same time.

There was ample parking for vehicles with trailers.

We had a great stay and would definitely stop again if we return to the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family