All reviews carriage house croix suite peacock room my husband and i breakfast was delicious enclosed porch other guests bed and breakfast hors d'oeuvres and wine beautiful house get away glass of wine the main house double sided fireplace every morning gracious hosts st croix
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

It was the extra details that I appreciated: tasty welcome snack tray with a local beer (Liftbridge), refrigerator with sodas, chocolates in candy dishes, option for breakfast in the room, and an excellent owner/ host. The house is beautiful and conveniently located.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PastorDonna
Aurora50, Owner at Aurora Staples Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here! Please come back sometime! Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We went here for our wedding anniversary and had a relaxing night away. Breakfast was served in our room and was an egg bake, one piece of bacon and fresh berries w oj and coffee. It was all very good but didn't have the wow factor that other b and bs offer. However the double whirlpool was quiet and the mattress and sheets were luxurious. We stayed in the peacock room and loved that there were books of poetry and no tvs in all of the inn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anninwisconsin

I aim to please all of my guests so I'll be working on the "Wow" factor. Thanks for your honesty! Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The B&B is in lovely condition with intricate flooring and details throughout the house. Within walking distance of downtown made it easy to leave the car behind. We stayed in the Riverview Suite and the room/bed were comfy. Breakfast was great. Unfortunately, this room did not have a bathroom door - only a heavy drapery.

Room Tip: Each room has unique features.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I'll ask my handy man if he can create a door for this room. Thanks for your constructive criticism. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A great Victorian Style B&B. Very original with just the right modernization of bathrooms and showers. No TVs and the WiFi didn't really work. This could be a plus or negative depending on what your are looking for. It is in walking distance to the Old downtown full of shops, bars, and restaurants just of the St. Croix River. Perfect for a small wedding, Anniversary or couples getaway.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nunya B

Hi again, I appreciate your comments! I realize sometimes the wifi can be stubborn. I wish you would have mentioned it to me so I could have rebooted it. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

While traveling home from Pacific Northwest to Chicago, we were looking for a good place to stay on our last stop of a long road trip, to prepare for " RE - ENTRY" back into our everyday routines. Stillwater was perfect as was the Aurora Staples Inn.
Rachelle, our hostess and innkeeper could not have been more gracious and welcoming, meeting us at the door with
Wine and appetizers! Her home is a beautifully restored Historic Mansion that was very quiet and clean. Breakfast delicious, walking distance to cute downtown and beautiful river. Highly recommended, although all rooms are a little different so when reserving pay close attention to room descriptions, especially in regard to bathrooms and availability of tv.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank joanmiz

Thank you for the kind review! I hope you have great memories from your stay here. Merry Christmas!