“Tasty and Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I don't get there as often as I would like but this place on Sunday mornings is overflowing! The coffee is divine and quiche and other delectables and just that: delectable!

Reviewed 2 August 2015

great coffee shop with great food. Fun place, a little noisy, but a nice hub in town. Easy to get to and away from all the hilly streets in Stillwater

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Every now and then we run across a little hidden gem of a restaurant and today was one of those days-the Chilkoot Cafe and Cyclery in Stillwater. It is part way up the hill and surrounded by old houses with rocking chairs on the front porches and yards packed with flowers. The clientele appears to be more like neighbors rather than like the tourists downtown. I had the 'Frittata Americana'. It had tomatoes, onion, green pepper and potatoes and was served with a lot of fruit. Makes me wonder why you don't see frittatas on more menus. HE had the 'Brass Tacks'-eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. The bread was toasted on the grill and very good. He ate all of his and quite a bit of mine and that worked out perfectly.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here for years but not anymore. The food is above average but the service is consistently poor. The owner refuses to hire enough people to properly service the house. You cant have someone taking orders, making drinks, and serving food for the entire floor and expect the food to arrive in a prompt fashion. I walked out recently when it took 45 minutes from the time I ordered till my food arrived. My coffee was stone cold. On a good note the server happily refunded my money and apologized. My time is just as important as the quality of the food, and this is not the first time this has happened. Too bad, I liked the place. I can find better food and service elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Had a great visit to Chilkoot on the 4th of July - it was my family of 4 plus my parents. Each meal was delicious!!! Loved all the fresh ingredients...loved the vibe of the place! Had the stuffed french toast - delicious! Would've never thought to have basil in there, but boy was that a nice addition! The Red Latte (with tea, honey, cinnamon and milk) was fabulous! No complaints!

It was also a great combo with a stroll down to the Farmers market! What a fun experience. Can't wait to return!