All reviews art deco suite small bottle of wine outdoor pool carriage house my wife and i backyard balcony privacy chocolate fireplace jacuzzi home breakfast bed
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Art Deco suite about a month ago and absolutely LOVED it. It is so comfy, cozy, unique. When we entered our room there was classical music playing-a VERY nice touch! A half bottle of wine from the Stillwater st Croix vineyards was waiting for us, another plus. The jacuzzi was wonderful, balcony private, and the outdoor pool was also a lot of fun. Breakfast at the Lowell inn was incredible. The one and only thing that I would change is that there's no room temp control and we both found it a little warm, but the owner was very kind and had it turned down a few degrees for us. We'll definitely be back. Pic is off the balcony. It was such a beautiful view we had to make use of it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Quaint and quiet spot with nice gardens and grounds. The Bordeau room was most charming in pictures and although cozy and cute, a bit disappointing in reality. The on switch for the Jacuzzi jets was broken. The toilet is in a closet sized cubby with no door, not even a curtain for privacy. Room was hot without temperature control and bed area was cramped.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maiware
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We stayed in the Bordeaux room for our honeymoon. I loved the privacy and the balcony was lovely. Everything was nearly perfect, except the low ceiling on one side of the bed got old real fast. The breakfast was at another hotel downtown, and it was elegant and fancy. The food was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moonbeam44
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I stayed here 4 nights, which I think was 2 too many. I chose this place because it was close to people I was visiting. I was in the Bordeaux suite, which was very clean. My room wasn't cleaned one of the days, however, so I had wet towels and a messed up bed and that was a bit irritating. The grounds were beautiful and the back yard pool was gorgeous. The Inn consists of 2 small rooms, both at the top of stairs. I found my suite quite small. I loved the little deck off my room and spent the evenings reading there. There were some nice touches in the room - chocolate bars, half bottle of wine, water, fruit juice, coffee maker etc. There was also a fireplace which was a good thing as I froze at night and had to have the fire on in order to sleep. Breakfast was located at another historic inn, perhaps a mile walk away, in the lovely downtown/riverfront area. Because I didn't have a car, this situation really didn't work for me. It poured rain one morning, and with no umbrella, I had to pass on the breakfast. I also missed a second breakfast because I didn't feel like hurrying to get up, dressed, and walk for 20 good minutes in the incredible heat. If the order wasn't in by 9:45, there was no breakfast. While this place was more affordable than others I looked at, it was by no means cheap. I was travelling solo so the lack of a bathroom door wasn't an issue....but could be for couples. The room was small and with the sloped ceiling over the bed, well, it felt a bit crowded. I felt welcomed for sure by Jennifer, but I stayed too long. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms to choose from. I don't know which was better.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MadamMo58
Reviewed 10 May 2017

A truly charming bed and breakfast located in beautiful and historic Stillwater, MN. The owners and inn keepers are kind and quick to answer. You feel welcome from the moment you pull up the nice quiet street. They provide everything you need for a relaxing weekend. I personally enjoyed a nice long soak with bubbles and bath salts in the large spa in my room.

What I really enjoyed was the location. The ability to sit and look at the beautiful landscape or walk two blocks to the cutest park. You are also just minutes from historic downtown Stillwater if you are looking for more to do.

I highly recommend James Mulvey Inn to anyone!

-Liz (Texas)

Room Tip: pool, historical, charming, spas
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends