Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adrian S
Gold Coast, Australia

Really bad Accor property

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Dec 2023via mobile
Clean and spacious rooms with usb charging and smart TVs that actually work, so extra star for that. Everything else was terrible - I am Accor Gold (actually platinum now but at the time of stay) and no mention of status on check in, no welcome gift or amenity, no room upgrade despite there being better rooms available, and no one informed me of the laughably early checkout time of 10am so I had housekeeping trying to enter my room at 10.30am when I was in the shower. No offer of a late checkout either despite my status. Bar horrendously overpriced, $12 for a can of beer not even served in a glass. There are many choices of Accor property to stay on the Sunshine Coast so thanks for making my choice for my next stay an easy one - hint: it won’t be at this cheap and nasty property.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
0.1 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
    AU$113
  • Algotels
3.6 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
Pool
Courtyard with BBQ area and swimming pools
    AU$139
Rooftop Terrace view
    AU$171
6.6 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
View more hotels in Birtinya
All reviews sunshine coast mini bar appointed rooms comfortable bed conference foxtel
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2023

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

Have stayed at Mercure a couple of times now and it is always sensational. Great quiet location, the rooms are very clean and comfortable (thanks for the upgrade) and the staff very friendly. Free parking contributes to the great value. Thank you for a great stay and look forward to my next visit.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2023

Knowing I was staying for 5 nights on Sunshine Coast, I picked Mecure based on reviews about a quiet, comfortable stay and I wasn't disappointed. From easy, mainly underground parking to a modern hotel that only had three floors so relatively quiet and not teeming with guests throughout the week. Excellent restaurant which required bookings as the locals were often taking up spots for the quality food and drink! Quick links to various highways to get me north for sightseeing so very happy overall. Minor issue with the shower leaking and regularly flooding bathroom area, once management fixes glass door runners, this should fix problem.

Room tip: Room 306 has great views but bathroom constantly wet due to faulty glass door runner allowing water to spill out from shower.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2023 via mobile

Well maintained and relatively new hotel in a suburban area of the Sunshine Coast and across the road from a major hospital. The local shopping centre is a few minutes walk away. Dining options within walking distance are limited to average food outlets, and nothing to write home about.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and telephoned me to let me know that my room was available for an early check-in.

The room was well maintained, although the light color chase lounge looked a little discoloured. The sheer curtains need a clean as I noticed a number of stains on them. They also need to be re-hung, as some fixings have come off the track.

The bathroom is very well lit and spacious with a huge walk-in shower, although the water pressure from the huge rain head shower, is lacklustre. All other amenities were very satisfactory, although the area around the fixing points of the toilet seat and bowl could do with a bit of a scrub.

Room tip: Enjoy a pleasant walk around the nearby, beautifully landscaped waterway.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2023 via mobile

My Son and I stayed at the hotel for two nights prior to his return to the UK. We found the staff extremely helpful from the moment we walk in. Our room was clean and well presented.
We decided we would eat in the WILDFLOWER KITCHEN what an amazing choice the Manger and his staff where excellent in every aspect of there service. The food was amazing I had the Fish of the Day, Swordfish by far the best meal of Swordfish I have ever eaten. My son had a steak and said exactly the same. The choice of wine were also excellent. We enjoyed it so much we canceled our reservation to another establishment the second night and ate at the hotel again. Bloody amazing!

Date of stay: August 2023