Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steve Stefanopoulos
Melbourne, Australia

Suburban location, small yet comfy

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Sept 2023via mobile
Well maintained and relatively new hotel in a suburban area of the Sunshine Coast and across the road from a major hospital. The local shopping centre is a few minutes walk away. Dining options within walking distance are limited to average food outlets, and nothing to write home about.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and telephoned me to let me know that my room was available for an early check-in.

The room was well maintained, although the light color chase lounge looked a little discoloured. The sheer curtains need a clean as I noticed a number of stains on them. They also need to be re-hung, as some fixings have come off the track.

The bathroom is very well lit and spacious with a huge walk-in shower, although the water pressure from the huge rain head shower, is lacklustre. All other amenities were very satisfactory, although the area around the fixing points of the toilet seat and bowl could do with a bit of a scrub.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Enjoy a pleasant walk around the nearby, beautifully landscaped waterway.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$118
  • Algotels
3.6 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
Pool
Courtyard with BBQ area and swimming pools
    AU$143
5.6 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
    AU$165
6.0 km from Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters
View more hotels in Birtinya
All reviews sunshine coast mini bar appointed rooms comfortable bed conference foxtel
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2023 via mobile

My Son and I stayed at the hotel for two nights prior to his return to the UK. We found the staff extremely helpful from the moment we walk in. Our room was clean and well presented.
We decided we would eat in the WILDFLOWER KITCHEN what an amazing choice the Manger and his staff where excellent in every aspect of there service. The food was amazing I had the Fish of the Day, Swordfish by far the best meal of Swordfish I have ever eaten. My son had a steak and said exactly the same. The choice of wine were also excellent. We enjoyed it so much we canceled our reservation to another establishment the second night and ate at the hotel again. Bloody amazing!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2023

We found the hotel very satisfactory, no problem with parking, some bays undercover, staff were excellent, reception and Wildflower Kitchen, very attentive and wanting to please. Evening meal, not huge choices but should suit everyone, breakfast a buffet with egg station. Don't expect the venue to be a resort style hotel, we found our stay to be very enjoyable. Shower leaked onto bathroom floor, annoying, didn't really need the huge shower head. That aside the room was comfortable. Top marks to all staff on duty during our stay.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2023 via mobile

Stayed here as I was having surgery at Sunshine Coast University Private hospital. Staff were amazing and loved my husbands assistace dog hoover. Room was what we needed. Only fault was the water in the shower pools really close to the door so need either couple of bathmats or thicker ones. All in all great stay. Husband enjoyed the resturant. And liked the idea of a $10 credit if you only get your room serviced every couple of days. If your staying more that 2 days understandable. And they had the notes that we put the sign out on file when we checked out.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2023

Had a medical specialist appointment & coming from Bundy, decided to do an overnight stay.
Very comfortable bed… interestingly, no mini bar which didn’t phase us. The check-in & check-out were painless & the room was clean & comfortable. We will definitely stay here again & recommend the hotel… It was up to Mercure standard for sure..
The Wildflower Kitchen restaurant was interesting… looking at the menu wasn’t very inspiring… surprisingly to us, the meal was extraordinary.
We had the prawn & smoked salmon share plate as an entree… the description was sparse on information but the reality was beautiful, salmon was arranged very nicely in florets & a half dozen large prawns (they say min of 4) heads & tails on but shelled very nicely, all arranged on a lovely salad plate…
For mains we had the scotch pork fillet… honestly the nicest pork fillet (generous 2 pieces) I’ve had in a restaurant in a long while. Well seasoned & we chose, mushroom sauce & the hasselback potatoes with a shared side of brussel sprouts.
My partner ordered the lamb rump which was also very good & had some of each other’s as we do… we had a bottle of Bleasdale shiraz between us.
The service from our wait staff was excellent & manager Brett came over for a chat.
All in all a lovely evening.

Room tip: Very comfy bed, not a resort hotel, ie no pool or minibar but it’s in a Hospital precinct. Restaurant was excellent.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2023

The service has been exceptional. My toddler had surgery at the local hospital & they went as far as to clean my blood stained clothes. I booked a small room & they moved me to a much larger room with a balcony & a beautiful view. Very single staff member have been so friendly. They cleaned a vomit covered bed in a moment notices. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I'm so grateful they made this process so easy & comfortable. A massive thank you to everyone at mecure Kawana waters.

Room tip: I hope everyone has the same experience as I did.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
John Orning, Owner at Mercure Sunshine Coast Kawana Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2023

We are so happy that you enjoyed our hospitality and that we made your experience comfortable. Thank You also for reviewing us and your kind words. We hope to see you back another time, in better circumstances.
All the best to you and the toddler!